Well I applied for our passports today to go in .....

sassafrass

February. Wow, expensive and I hope they get here in time!

You will be fine. I applied for mine on June 22, and was informed that they have been mailed, and I should get them by August 15.

Have a wonderful cruise.

Smart move...it might seem expensive...but its good for ten years.

The procrastination makes me laugh.. sorry but you can get your passport for the same price maybe cheaper than ours.. didnt do the conversion.. and us Canadians can only use if for 5 yrs.. consider a passport a fact of life if you travel.. just like a drivers licence is if you drive.. not hard to comprehend really

Shouldn't be a problem getting them in time. We applied for ours in late June. My wife got hers yesterday, and I got mine today! Only took ours 8 weeks to get here! Glad to see they're getting caught up.

Glad to hear you received yours...but it depends on where you live. I have two clients that applied back in early April for their honeymoon on Aug 26th...they still have NOT received them..it's been 18 weeks...online it still says pending....they live in New York state...so depending on where you live it makes a big difference in how soon they come.

Barb

My husband applied 17 weeks ago (4/13). Still nothing.

Mine arrived 6/28, & I applied 1 week before him. When I check the state department website, it says mine is still processing.

Call your congressman's office. I had a friend had to do that. Filed 3/5 and had not received them when the rest of us who filed the same day had ours. She got it within a week of contacting them.

SECONDLY: Don't hold your breath getting it back by August 15. Took ours from March 5 till the week of May 21.

our family of 5 applied march 23 for our Aug 15th fruise and when we didnt get them i called my congressman and 4 days later i recieved them, so if you have to go that route, but dont wait until you are 1 week before leaving if you dont get them....i felt as though 16 weeks was enough time to wait. good luck.

My husband applied 17 weeks ago (4/13). Still nothing.

Mine arrived 6/28, & I applied 1 week before him. When I check the state department website, it says mine is still processing.

It took 16 weeks to get ours, we got them 2 days before our Europe trip in June. I think the backlog is easying up a bit. I was told one of the many times I called the passport # that the website part stating the status of your passport is highly inaccurate and not updated very often. Good luck! Keep checking with them until you get that tracking #!!:)

Glad to hear you received yours...but it depends on where you live. I have two clients that applied back in early April for their honeymoon on Aug 26th...they still have NOT received them..it's been 18 weeks...online it still says pending....they live in New York state...so depending on where you live it makes a big difference in how soon they come.

Barb

So very true. 17+ weeks for me from NH.

The procrastination makes me laugh.. sorry but you can get your passport for the same price maybe cheaper than ours.. didnt do the conversion.. and us Canadians can only use if for 5 yrs.. consider a passport a fact of life if you travel.. just like a drivers licence is if you drive.. not hard to comprehend really

Actually I don't travel out of the US. This is the 2nd time in my life and the first was my honeymoon. I scraped and saved to take my daughter on this mother/daughter cruise. So sorry it's hard for you ro comprehend not everyone has a jet lifestyle. This is a once in a lifetime trip for us.

Actually I don't travel out of the US. This is the 2nd time in my life and the first was my honeymoon. I scraped and saved to take my daughter on this mother/daughter cruise. So sorry it's hard for you ro comprehend not everyone has a jet lifestyle. This is a once in a lifetime trip for us.

unless you are flying out of the country, then you did not need passports till next year.

Nothing to say sorry for.. what I stated is true for those that do travel.. you did not state in your post that I was responding to that this would be your once in a lifetime trip.. not everyone has to have a jet setting lifestyle to travel.. whether you need to fly or cruise in the near future even if its only once every 5 years you will need a passport.

Hope you have a fantastic time:)

Archived