Liberty of the Seas 8/11 review (as it happens!!!!)

We are in Miami now, staying at the Intercontinental. It is a lovely hotel, a bit pricey, but worth every bit.

We are staying on the club level, so we have a view of the bay and we'll see Liberty in the morning.

We get breakfast in the lounge and the amenities in the room are fantastic!

There is this shell with four truffles in it. Not until I opened the wrapping did I realize the shell is made of chocolate too (or white chocolate).

We are ordering room service. It should arrive any minute.

Anyhow, that is our night! We'll be heading off to bed soon, but we really aren't tired because our brains are 3 hours behind. Jet lag!

I'll try to post more tomorrow night.

'Nite all!

I can sense your excitement!! Don't you just love the start of a vacation?! :D

Neat idea, a "live journal".. just don't let it take away from your enjoyment on the ship!

Have a great time!

~Dawn

We got our room service at exactly 10:30, the time they said it would be here at the latest. Good job!

I ordered the Cream of Artichoke soup (which was on the resaturant menu but not the In Room Dining menu and they got it for me anyway) which was so to die for! The Penne with beef and tomato sauce left a lot to be desired, though. Penne pasta tasted like it was reheated. DH ordered a cheeseburger with Provalone, which he said was amazing!

They also got us a bottle of wine which was not on the menu. Kudos to them!

The staff is amazingly courteous. We are having a blast!

Can't wait to get on the ship tomorrow!!!!!

We got our room service at exactly 10:30, the time they said it would be here at the latest. Good job!

I ordered the Cream of Artichoke soup (which was on the resaturant menu but not the In Room Dining menu and they got it for me anyway) which was so to die for! The Penne with beef and tomato sauce left a lot to be desired, though. Penne pasta tasted like it was reheated. DH ordered a cheeseburger with Provalone, which he said was amazing!

They also got us a bottle of wine which was not on the menu. Kudos to them!

The staff is amazingly courteous. We are having a blast!

Can't wait to get on the ship tomorrow!!!!!

Intercontinental properties are great. I work in corporate travel and have booked them hundreds of times.. our travelers always request them.

I have to say, your excitement is helping in my anticipation for our upcoming Liberty cruise!! I don't know how you are going to sleep tonight! I would polish off that bottle of wine, that might help! :p

~Dawn

We are currently at the Doubletree Coconut Grove eagerly waiting for tomorrow!!

We logged on to see if we could figure out what time we should arrive at the pier. Our book says 2pm but last cruise we showed around 12 and it was fine-we were on by 12:30pm. Anyone have any thoughts on arrival time? We are in a suite so we do get to bypass a bit of the general line...but we still wonder when the book says 2pm

Also-we were on RCI online and it appears their system is down or something because we can't access our reservation. But we have our books so no worries.

Other questions:

We have 2 rolling carryons and two small bags. Will they insist on taking all or none at the pier? (last cruise we were at a designated RCI hotel and loaded all our bags onto a truck before we boarded a bus and hoper for the best!)

Also, we were looking at the Harley Davidson tour in Cozumel. ANyone know if they REALLY check to see if you have a motorcycle liscence? DH has had one in the past but it isn't current-we would love to go though.

Can't wait for tomorrow!! DOn't know if we will get any sleep!!

No joke on finishing the bottle of wine! I am so NOT tired!!!!

I would say I'm going to turn in now, but I think I'll be up for 2 or 3 hours still.

Not going to the boat until 11 am, so I can sleep in if need be.

The anticipation is killing me!

I keep trying to remind myself that the vacation actually started at 10:30 this morning when we got to the airport but the ship is what I can't wait for!!!!

We're at the Intercontinental on Friday and will board the Liberty on Saturday. Keep her in good shape for us! Thanks for the information on the Intercontinental. The hotel sounds wonderful. Have a great trip and give us a progress report on your cruise. Thanks!

We are staying there on 8/31 before the Liberty, and I was getting worried - that property has taken a beating over on tripadvisor.com. Maybe you can head over there when you get back and offer your opinion?

Have a great time, and let us know all about your fun (but, as the other poster said - don't let it get in the way of YOUR fun!!!!).

Thanks,

Faye <-----------Jealous, and anxious for 9/1/07!!!

The hotel is really great. We had breakfast in the Club Lounge... yogurt, fruit, pastries, turkey and cheese on toast. I skimmed the WSJ.

We checked out the pool area...its really nice. They have a bar and restaurant and music is playing. Very festive! Too bad we won't be using the pool. But I am going back down to take pictures.

The bathtub in the room is just the best! Long enough to nearly lay down in and really deep too!

I'm trying to read one of Janet Evanovich's novels. My MIL recommended it as a quck vacation read. I stopped in the middle of chapter 2. There will be more time to read later!

OK gotta go! More details and pics to come!

I love the IC. We stayed there in May and are again next month. Got a great deal at easyclick for 126.

That restauarant by the pool has GREAT salads...can't wait to get there !

Have a wonderful cruise...can't wait to see your posts !! Now get going to the ship !!!!

Sue

I love the IC. We stayed there in May and are again next month. Got a great deal at easyclick for 126.

That restauarant by the pool has GREAT salads...can't wait to get there !

Have a wonderful cruise...can't wait to see your posts !! Now get going to the ship !!!!

Sue

Sue -

Which cabin do you have on your 9/8 sailiing? We are in 9344 on the 9/1 sailing.

Faye

08112007093.jpg

OK all, getting packed up to board the ship!!!!

We had a drink in the bar this morning, a little pricey but its a great start to (hopefully) an even greater vacation!!!

Walked down to CVS pharmacy to get an adapter for my memory card so that I can upload photos. They have everything there and its only 2 blocks away!!!

We got the memory card and adapter, cologne for my hubby, Primatene Mist tablets, deck of cards, hand sanitizer...I'm telling you they have everything and anything you might need and you can walk there from the Intercontinental.

Take care! I'll post more later!

Archived