Sending a onboard gift as a joke, anyone done it?

Catmomma

I am going to Alaska on the Star in a month with my husband and 2 other guy friends. The other two guys are sharing a cabin. These are very close friends of our's and we do a lot of teasing back and forth about everything. One of them happens to be gay and one is straight.

I am thinking about sending them the $79 Romance Package. This would give them a bottle of champagne, strawberries, etc.

My question is, has anyone else ever done a gag gift like this? Is the cruise line going to give me trouble because I am sending it to two guys? (I would hope they would not!). There is a "keepsake photo" included, since I know they will not use it, is it transferable? :)

I am going to Alaska on the Star in a month with my husband and 2 other guy friends. The other two guys are sharing a cabin. These are very close friends of our's and we do a lot of teasing back and forth about everything. One of them happens to be gay and one is straight.

I am thinking about sending them the $79 Romance Package. This would give them a bottle of champagne, strawberries, etc.

My question is, has anyone else ever done a gag gift like this? Is the cruise line going to give me trouble because I am sending it to two guys? (I would hope they would not!). There is a "keepsake photo" included, since I know they will not use it, is it transferable? :)

I honestly don't think the cruiseline cares as long as you're paying for it -- so HAVE FUN!!;)

LOL. Norwegian will let two guys get the romance packages. However, the cabin steward may make some assumptions. They will probably have to request that the beds be moved apart.

They should use the certificate in their room as a credit toward their boarding photo or an onboard photo since I doubt they will go to the anniversary party and have a photo taken together there.

LOL. Norwegian will let two guys get the romance packages. However, the cabin steward may make some assumptions. They will probably have to request that the beds be moved apart.

OMG I had not even thought about the beds being pushed together. I just told my husband and after we had a good hearty laugh his reaction was....

"oh we are SO going to do this"

So does anyone know if any of the "gifts" included are transferable? Like the "honeymoon photo". I don't want that to go to waste and figure I would use it for my husband and I. There is also the "romantic dinner at LeBistro". The guys may want it but if not I just wondered if it was something they could pass along to us or if we could make it dinner for 4 ;) (that is if they are speaking to us at that point LOL)

OMG I had not even thought about the beds being pushed together. I just told my husband and after we had a good hearty laugh his reaction was....

"oh we are SO going to do this"

So does anyone know if any of the "gifts" included are transferable? Like the "honeymoon photo". I don't want that to go to waste and figure I would use it for my husband and I. There is also the "romantic dinner at LeBistro". The guys may want it but if not I just wondered if it was something they could pass along to us or if we could make it dinner for 4 ;) (that is if they are speaking to us at that point LOL)

So long as you have the "letter" you could probably use the LeBistro credit -- or the four of you could go, and two would get the credit. The photo is from the honeymoon/anniversary cake and champagne party, but if you/they don't go to that, you/they may either have to make arrangements to have another photo taken, or be able to choose another photo from the photo gallery (all depends on the ship).

They should be able to use most everything in the package.

The sparkling wine and strawberries will be in the room when they board.

They can certainly use the certificate for wine and dinner in Le Bistro, anyone else with them can be billed on their own cards. Shouldn't be a problem for them to give it to you to use, never had anyone verify the names or cabin number when we've used it.

We've never had a problem using the photo certificate toward any photo of our chosing in the photo gallery, altho it may not cover the whole cost depending on the photo chosen.

The only thing we've never used is the invite to the wedding/anniversary cake party. No big deal since there is already plenty of dessert available on board.

LOL. This reminds of me of something that happened to us on a cruise last year. My husband & I were traveling with our best best friends, another married couple. When we booked the cruise the other couple was over 60 and we were not... the TA said in order to get the senior discount that they were offering, to book the cruise with the two guys in one room and the two girls in the other room and then when you get on board you can straighten out the rooms so that we each end up with our husbands. Meanwhile, our friends were celebrating their anniversary so we had their cabin decorated with Happy Anniversary and sent them a romance package but when we boarded the two guys were technically assigned to this cabin and so the cabin steward knocked on the door and saw my husband and her husband in the cabin (we had adjoining cabins & they just happened to be in the room) and the steward looked at the two of them and said "congratulations sirs.... I understand you two are celebrating an event." The guys were soooooooooooo embarrassed ... and us two ladies were besides ourselves with laughter!!! Anyway, send tour friends the package and enjoy!!! Should be lots of laughs.

Maryjo

I did this last September on the Dawn.

I was sailing with 3 of my sisters (who had never cruised) and I ordered 2 Romance packages (covering the 4 of us).

We had the BEST time at LeBistro. (lol 2 bottles of wine). We had 2 young couples at the table next to us who had never heard of the Romance Package.

When the waiters came to sing...we made them sing twice...2 Romance packages.

We laughed and laughed (as did the waiters) and we became friends with the 2 couples next to us.

We gave them one of the anniversary cakes:)

Discount was applied to other photos as, obviously, we did not go to the anniverary party..we should have:D

• 1 month later...

Ok so the joke went over very well :)

The best part was the night the 4 of us went to dinner at the Soho restaurant. I called and made reservations for 2 couples who both had the honeymoon package (turns out NCL gave my husband and I the package as well for being repeat cruisers). When we arrived at SOHO the hostess looked confused when she saw me with three guys. My straight friend C spoke up right away and said "it was a joke, a reeeeeally funny JOKE". The hostess hid her face behind a menu and giggled, then said something to our waiter in some other language. (I think they were Russian).

So we follow the waiter to the table and he pulls out the chair for C and me. No one really notices. Then he brings out the wine, each couple gets to choose a bottle. My husband picks one for us and then the waiter gives the cork to my friend J (gay) to sniff to choose for that side of the table. That is when it dawns on my husband that his friend C (straight) has been determined to be the "girl" of that "relationship" by the staff.

The rest of dinner we played it up. C asking for things at the table by calling J honey, etc.

The next morning we went to breakfast with C while J slept in. C told me "the honeymoon is over, he snores like a bear".

Archived