Ballantyne pier and cab situation

Jennifer31

Hi

Hopefully, I will get some responses with this post. How easy is it to get a cab at Ballantyne Pier to get to the hotel? I was told that the wait can be up to 3 hrs. Would I have a shorter wait if I take my luggage off the ship and run to a cab. Should I wait and just call for a cab on my cell phone in advance.

Any tips would be great. I did not realize the situation with the lack of cabs. Is the city bus an option with a suitcase and duffel bag?

Thanks

Jennifer

My son disembarked from Celebrity Summit 3 weeks ago doing carry off - they were off by 730AM and only had to wait about 10 minutes and they were off to the Hyatt which even had their room ready for them.

We came off the Summit last Friday 8/3 - off the ship picked up our luggage and was out to the cabs by 915AM and there had to be at least 100 or more people waiting - were going to cab to Hertz - decided to use Avis with the shuttle service.

Hope this helps

We were on Infinity a few weeks ago and stayed two days extra in Vancouver. We were off the ship at around 10AM but there was a long line for a cab. It took us about 45 minutes to finally get a cab. The closer it gets for the new passengers to start boarding (11AM) then you see more cabs arriving. There is only a small area for passengers to get in and out of cabs. Incoming passengers have to wait until other cabs move out of the spots. Not too organized compared to other ports. Canada Place is more organized.

TONS of people were waiting for cabs when we got off and this was around 9:30.

Made me real happy that I decided to use LimoJet to take us to the airport. There is a seperate area for Limos and buses. I just walked up and told the assistant I needed Limo Jet and they called them. Very quick and painless. I don't know if they have different prices for hotels - and it wouldn't be bad I guess to wait if you are staying in town - we wanted to get to the airport. It was like 55 CAD - since CAD and US is about the same nowdays we gave him $60 - there were 4 of us and lots of luggage.

Does the hotel provide a shuttle?

Hi

Since, I am traveling alone, the limo is completely out. That is too expensive for one person.

My hotel will provide a shuttle to the port but not the other way around. So, I am on my own to get to the hotel.

It looks like I will have a better chance to get a cab if I walk off the ship with my luggage. It seems like it gets busy around 9:30 am.

Thanks

Jennifer

Cab situation can be different each time. We met our ship at the Ballantyne Pier on July 29 and got there at 10:45. LONG line of people waiting for cabs, although it is organized and not everyone running for every free cab. Some people had been in line 1 1/2 hours. When we returned to the Ballantyne on August 5, we got off the ship at 8:30 and there was no one in line for a cab. So getting off earlier is your safest bet.

It sounds like you live the same distance (or less) then the airport. I would suspect that the reason for the high price is they are charging for the entire trip (getting there and then taking you to the airport). The airport / port fee is about half because they are picking up when dropping off and therefore are never empty (always have a paying fare).

Archived