NCL Pride of Aloha-attire

cruisingkimo

My mother and I are cruising the POA on 10/20. I keep hearing about NCL's new, relaxed dress code aboard this ship. "Resort casual" keeps being mentioned. Could someone who has sailed this ship/itinerary please give me an idea of appropriate attire. I do not wish to be under or overdressed. Formal nights, which I understand are optional, have been mentioned but not how many. Do folks tend to go formal on those nights or more relaxed? On other cruises we knew ahead of time which nights were formal nights. Will we know for this cruise or is it strictly up to the individual. What is considered formal? Long gowns, tea lenth, etc?

Thanks for your help.

Kim

NCL no longer has a formal night on any of their ships. It is now called dress up if you wish or something foolish like that. They have just announced that jeans are allowed in the dining room on all evenings although one dining room will be designated as jean free.

While I always favor dressing to kill on most all ocassions, anything more than a nice pair of slacks and a pretty blouse will be over dressed on most all NCL ships. It is a VERY casual line and that goes for the Hawaii line also.

Archived