Yacht club

gary

Thank you for answering. For some odd reason, I thought Windstar would not charge extra for specialty coffees.

How was the cruise otherwise? Service as good as always? Food?

Thank you for any info you can give me.

All in all the cruise was pretty great. The ports were great and the shore excursions were all pretty good (we did many of them). (By the way -- I meant to say that we just finished the Aug. 5 Rome to Barcelona trip.) I found the service to be good and the cabins to be surpisingly clean and comfortable. I think the beauty of the ship was the ship itself. My favorite aspect of it was relaxing on deck with a drink or a book (or nothing) and watching the shoreline recede into the distance. The decks were great. I was a little disappointed though with how infrequently the sails went up. I picked the ship partly because it was a sailing vessel, however, the sails rarely went up! I don't know why, but no explanation was offered. Also, I would give the food a "B". I liked the breakfasts and lunches up on the Veranda -- it was great to eat outside and the offerings were usuually good. But I thought the dinners were only fair (generally). Finally, we were a little on the young side of the passenger age range. My husband and I are both 40. But all in all were were pretty happy.

Archived