Random Tahiti questions

ucsbgirl

I will be on the Pacific Princess doing the Hawaii/Tahiti cruise-I have a few questions:

1. We are looking to do an excursion that involves seeing sharks in Bora Bora , since none are offered by princess, we will probably book once we dock, but are worried that we might "miss out" what types of tours are offered at the dock, and about how much do they cost? Also our day in BB is our anniversary, so we want to make things as smooth and as fun as possible.

2. if we wanted to do two excursions in a day, (water/snorkling then a land tour, how much time should we leave in between?

3. Any reccommendations for tours on Tahiti, which is our last stop? We are flying out late, and have the day to kill, any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

yes patricks for tahiti. as far as bora bora, there are lots of tours available at that particular port. i would get off 1st thing though to make a decision. i believe we took magic snorkel. they took us swimming with the rays and the reef sharks, fantastic!! all the tour guys on the dock know each other and will help you find the right tour. i dont think you can go wrong. we were there 1 1/2 days and did the 4x4 excursion, a lot of fun as well.:)

Don't miss the Aquai Safari tour offered on Bora Bora through Princess. We snorkel, don't scuba, and thought this was so much fun. They put a helment on you and you go down 12-15 feet and walk on the bottom of the ocean. Tons of fish, stingrays and your hair doesn't even get wet. I'm not sure if this is offered through private tours, we had heard that Princess is the only one that offers this. Have a wonderful trip!

Don't miss the Aquai Safari tour offered on Bora Bora through Princess. We snorkel, don't scuba, and thought this was so much fun. They put a helment on you and you go down 12-15 feet and walk on the bottom of the ocean. Tons of fish, stingrays and your hair doesn't even get wet. I'm not sure if this is offered through private tours, we had heard that Princess is the only one that offers this. Have a wonderful trip!

And in the words of the famous Edith Ann "And that's the truth" We had pre-reserved this excursion for our February cruise and all went well until they found out that the TP would be in town. Apparently Princess buys the whole day. We had so looked forward to this day and, fortunately were the first group out to the moored boat, but after having done Bruno's drift snorkel on Taaha, were somewhat disappointed. All in all, we wanted to do it, we did it, now that's out of our system

We have been to Bora Bora twice and did Nono's lagoon tour each time. It is terrific.

I think you can find it by googling "Chez Nono".

As for doing a lagoon/land tour in one day - it is possible. We picked up a tour on the dock in Raiatea that did a morning on a motu and the afternoon on a 4 x 4 around Raiatea including a stop at a pearl farm. I'm sorry, I don't have the name. It was pretty good but the motu was a little crowded.

We have also done Patrick's tour - It is wonderful.

Have a great time

hi, on bora bora at the dock you can book several options. we took magic snorkel for a ray and shark feeding tour. it was wonderful!! we got in with them! cant remember if they had a half day tour! we did take a half day 4x4 tour the day before(we were there 1 1/2 days). just be sure you get off the ship first thing a book both. all the tour operators help each other out, so if one is booked they'll help you find another. and i cant think of anyone having a bad tour! have fun!:)

Archived