Horseback on HMC, reviews anyone?

1fineday

Looking for reviews of the HB riding on HMC through HAL. I found only 1. Is there anyone else willing to provide a review? I am a very experienced rider (competitor at shows) so do not usually do horse rentals, but I do not have a chance at home to ride on the beach, swim horses, etc. and would LOVE this part of the ride.

I have ridden a swimming horse as a kid and it was such a cooool thing! You can feel them strectch out and relax as they start swimming and you just kinda float along as you wrap your arms around the horses neck. So awesome!!!

I've got a review posted back from April. I am an experience horse rider, it was an OK experience, not great. The horses are in good shape. They guy in charge of the ride, Isaac? in fantastic, a true gentleman who loves his job. I met him early in the morning as I walked down the deserted beach from the first tender. The ship trys to take lots of staged pictures to sell you. I just gave our camera to Isaac and he took ton of great action shots of myself and my wife. The land portion is pretty short, nice scenery, but you never stop to enjoy it, always moving. You also must wear helmets on the land portion. You then wait while they change to a foam saddle for the sea portion. I had never done it before so I really enjoyed it. I'd do the first tour before it gets too hot and the horses get too tired. Overall a nice experience, a little pricey for the time you get on horseback. DEFINATELY BOOK AHEAD!!! There were a ton of PO'd people who thought they would be able to book it while on the island. It sells out weeks ahead.

Archived