October Crown to Bermuda-On the fence..

jaja

hi all,

I am a past HAL/Carnival cruiser and have been thinking of cruising to Bermuda for while..

I tend to book cruises a year away -and research "to death" before making a decision.

NOW-I am thinking of booking the Crown (NYC) -October 7th (or 14th)-.I am flexible...

I have read EVERY Crown/Bermuda post on this thread (and saved most)-and just looking for any additional comments from the NCL experts...to help me make up my mind..

1.I am thinking Deck 5 mid ship -post side---quiet and stable? --Yes?

2. Any preference for when in October? (7-14-21) weather wise..

3. Anything else you wish to share?

TIA

janette (jaja)

THANKS!!! I had already save your original thread/review---loved it and will be referring to it again for sure...and will be back with more questions.as I think of them...

one quick question--which deck were you on....?

I picked 5 (laguana) becuase it seems to be quietest--above,below and "on"...yes?

janette

JaJa!!! me and my boyfriend are going on the Crown as well .. oct. 7-14.. this is my first cruise everrrrrrrrr and im gettin all great things and bad things about this friggin cruise.. my bf is about to cut my wires off my comp ! im obsesseed i knowww lol

me n him are on deck 9... mini suite, he has been on the crown and said it was great , but the Dawn was liek 89654654841 time sbetter!

so lets all hope for the best.. lol

ill def love it because i cant compare i to anything...

ciao ciao for now

:confused: hi all --here is the deal --have to make reservation by tomorrow (tues) eve. Can get 5th deck midship-queen bed-but not port as requested-standard price (all over net-719+tax x2). for Oct.14th.

The TA is a bit leary -as she feels -when a ship is "leaving"-things start to go down -service,food,cleanliness,etc...this sounded a bit harsh to me...

I have a hold now--need to make my decision in 24 hrs...

Help....

janette

I would do it. Mid-ship should be fine. I had worries about the ship leaving too, but NCL still has its reputation to uphold. They need passengers to have a positive experience. We were very impressed with the Crown and its staff!

We are booked on the very last cruise (10/28) on the Crown to Bermuda and I had someone tell me the same kind of things (ship not being up to par, crew not caring since it's the last cruise, not replenishing the supplies since this is the last cruise, so they may be out of stuff, etc.). Some people sure know how to wreck your vacation!!!!. I didn't want to post anything, cause I didn't want to sound negative, but now that it's been brought up - tell me it that this would not be the case -- Do you think NCL would not be up to par since it is the last cruise?-- We only sailed NCL once on the Dawn and it was fine- I was really excited about going to Bermuda again, but now I'm not so sure I picked the right cruise and time.

Any thoughts???

Sharon

I was thinking about the Crown also to Bermuda, have sailed NCL several times and love freestyle.

Have to tell you I was worried about the small, older ship and the fact its one of the last cruises. Even though I love that it docks at St George as well as Hamilton we have decided to go with the Explorer for 5 days.

Price was another factor, from the time I started pricing, the Crown went up about $300 for two for October cruises, usually prices fall this time of year.

We got good price on the Crown that's why we booked it! Hope it wasn't a mistake - We are not picky people by any means. We've cruised lots of times with celebrity (our favorite) and once on the Dawn and we liked that, too - Hope the Crown is OK - We just love Bermuda and really wanted to do the two ports since it's the last year for ships docking in Hamilton and also wanted seven days - Azamara Journey was expensive and I don't really care if I have a butler (all cabins have a butler on Azamara). Bermuda is wonderful!

You can't go wrong with a trip to Bermuda. Having sailed the Crown twice (once two years ago, and once a few months ago) I will say that your travel agent was correct in that the ship really isn't "up to par." It has slid a bit.. but that's not to say you won't enjoy yourself.

The not so good:

I found the food was very "so-so" this time around in the dining room, and never hot (always luke warm) in the buffet. There also wasn't as much to do on the ship as there was the first time around, and that can be a problem when you have so much time at sea. I also had a difficult time finding a lounge chair when I didn't have problems the first time I sailed the Crown. I think our ship was fuller, and I also suspect there wasn't as much seating. I remember having chairs to sit on in the little nooks of the ship. We ended up lying on the deck on towels.

The good:

However-- the ship was in good repair (although a bit dated-- but that's the charm-- it's very "early cruiseship" looking in the dining room. The aluminum ceiling is a hoot!) Don't expect fancy, don't expect the bells and whistles of the modern ships.

The shows were terrific, and the crew was top notch. Our cabin steward was a lot of fun, and always kept everything clean and stocked. I also enjoy smaller ships because you get to meet the same passengers and get to know them.

You won't get lost! It's so easy to find your way around the ship.

And no matter what, you can't have a bad time in Bermuda. It's a beautiful island with super-friendly people.

Have a great time!

Hi all

OK-I am booked --Oct.7th Crown Bermuda --5th deck -mid ship...port side.

I know I will have some specific questions now that I have booked --so I will be back...

Thanks

janette (jaja)

I have a friend that just returned from the Crown/Bermuda and she said it was awesome, a little dated but nothing that would matter. In fact she was disappointed that she wouldn't be able to go again next year since the Crown is changing hands but she said nothing but good things....

Everyones opinion is different so I say...just relax and have fun, the cruise will be what you mkae it. I'm booked for Oct 28 with 22 family and friends and can't wait.

We have cruised 14 times to Bermuda...all of them on these so-called "small" ships!! Yes, small, compared to the newer biggies, but not small when you are cruising along! Enjoy every minute...the days of the ships, that can navigate, to the 2 or 3 different ports in Bermuda, is coming to a close.....sad, very sad!

Have a wonderful cruise Janette!!

Archived