Voyager: Latitudes/Signatures rest. Is vegetarian entrees possible?

Jimpeyton

I'm going with a group of people who I know will want to experience these restaurants (including myself.) But from my reading, it appears that these two have fixed or set menus, that allow for no substitutions. One review for Latitudes mentioned that its asian fare had no vegetarian option. I also got the same impression for Signatures, but less sure.

Please tell me that Voyager has some way of providing an ovo-lacto vegetarian meal at these restaurants. Any information is appreciated.

Thanks

I would go to the Maitre'd on boarding and make a request - for all of the dining rooms. Latitudes is fixed dining, but, they could possibly make some adjustment since food is cooked to order; Signatures they could also, but again, let them know in advance. On the passenger information form you should also advise them ahead of time so that they are prepared for Compass Rose. My experience is that they will do as much as possible to make an accomdation for special food requirements.

While they have fixed menus in Lattitudes and Signatures, I've never left hungry. Signatures has enough variety that you can choose vegetarian courses and skip courses where there is no option. Lattitudes varies so that it is hard to predict. I just skipped the meat dishes, and again, enjoyed the meal.

My only other comment is to make yourself known to the head chef and discuss Compass Rose dishes with her/him. I've gotten wrong information from wait staff on sauces, soups, etc. And definitely, don't try to coordinate it through your butler (if you have one). While this is an area where a good butler could be of service, I've had no success. In fact, even after I repeatedly told our butlers that I don't eat meat, they still brought meat snacks before dinner.

JoAnne B

Houston

Archived