Mariner Poker Tournament-Friend a Winner

I received the following message from my friend this morning as she was disembarking Mariner, does anybody know anything about this tournament? As we're on the west coast I'll have to wait until tonight to hear more from her. It sounds like an outside source to me not sponsored by RCCL but I'm not sure. I did a google search but found nothing about it, only one from April and one from two years ago. Wonder if she can bring friends? :D Any information would be appreciated!

You won't believe this one...I entered the texas hold'em tournament...andi won at the final table last night! I won a cruise, and must return ondec 2nd for the FINAL Tournament for a $25,000. Can u believe that? And ithink it conflicts with the mediterranian cruise

Got a subsequent email that indicated it was in fact an RCCL tournament, conducted on various ships with 10 winners advancing to the 12/2 finals aboard Marinier. She said they pay for her cruise (D catagory) she's not sure about air or if she can upgrade. Hmmmm might have to go to cheer her on!!!!:)

Candy - Not sure about craps tournaments, I only remember black jack and slots.

Archived