Question: Belly Flop Contest & Gender

GMoney

LOL! Good question! On our last cruise (The AOS the first week in July) there was a girl in the crowd who gave one of the best floppers a 2 for a score. Well....the CD made her come up to see if she could do any better. She reluctantly got up there and proceeded to do the best flop of them all and she was a little bitty thing! It was hilarious. They didn't give her the medal, though!

Most women can't compete with men in the belly department! :D

Hmmmm....not so sure about that. There are many women that could put the men to shame. Men are proud of what they got and have no problem to volunteer. Women won't admit that they look like an inner tube.

I'm sure if a woman wanted to participate she would be welcome

I dunno... they are very clear about asking for men.

Has anyone ever seen a woman participate?

I'm asking the tough cruise questions that need to be asked... :D

There was a woman in the belly-flop contest when we sailed in Feb. She actually did much better than most of the men.

There you go! Time for RCI to broaden this fleetwide and let the women participate!

I'll admit this is not my original thought, but I think it bears some discussion:

Why is the belly flop contest for men only? Shouldn't women have the opportunity to participate?

My goodness! What did that 54 day cruise do to you? :confused: :D

I love these questions. I have never seen these questions asked on here before and hey, why can't women be in these contests?

Belly Flop YES! As for women and the hairy legs one? Not a pretty sight. :eek:

Keep um coming GMoney. :p

Our first RCCL cruise was in 1995 on the Monarch. We bought the cruise in review tape because I participated in the hairy legs and hula hoop contest among other things.

On the standard part of the tape not related to our particular cruise there were a few shots of a beauty contest involving female passengers in bathing suits; one of the women (too many liquid refreshments) flashed the cameraman with her well endowed chest).blurred out of course. I asked the CD why we didn't have that activity on our trip. He said they didn't do any more competitions involving women, especially appearance, because the women took it so seriously, bad feelings and all that. The men involved in these activities have no trouble making fun of themselves and their body shape, including flab. Not so the women !!!

And that is the reason to this day.

I still have that tape and play it back once in a while. I won the tourist legs trophy and looked funny as hell trying to hula hoop. And to see the Monarch when it was still the pride of the fleet instead of the aging cash cow it has become.

I travel with a large group and I have a girlfriend who competes in the belly flop competition every time we cruise. Of course she never wins and that's only because one of the guys who travel with us is an undefeated champ. He's 400+ lbs and is a real crowd pleaser. However, the crowd is always behind my girlfriend and she's a hoot to watch up there competing with the men, and she always ends up with a medal too!

I'll admit this is not my original thought, but I think it bears some discussion:

Why is the belly flop contest for men only? Shouldn't women have the opportunity to participate?

I agree with you. The one or two women willing to participate would likely win, too!

Is it a hairy legs contest or a sexy legs contest? On the RCI ships I have been on it was called the Mr. Sexy Legs contest. I don't think I have ever seen a Mr. Hairy Legs contest on board.

Actually, Hairy Legs is one of five categories in the Mr. Sexy Legs contest. The others are Best Overall, Most Tourist (untanned) Legs, Chicken (skinny) Legs and Mr. Neet (unhairy) Legs which I've won on our last two cruises. I will try to be a three times in a row winner on our Radiance cruise next month.

No, I don't use Neet or shave (my legs anyway).

Archived