concierge question

There are signs posted in the lounge stating that all drinks must be consumed there. In my experience they are not strict about it. Walking out with half a glass of wine isn't be a problem. It's probably aimed at people who come in and grab 3 or 4 drinks for their friends back in their cabin. That said, I still wouldn't go in, grab a drink and leave. Better to relax, enjoy your drink and some conversation.

There are signs posted in the lounge stating that all drinks must be consumed there. In my experience they are not strict about it. Walking out with half a glass of wine isn't be a problem. It's probably aimed at people who come in and grab 3 or 4 drinks for their friends back in their cabin. That said, I still wouldn't go in, grab a drink and leave. Better to relax, enjoy your drink and some conversation.
Our first night in the concierge lounge on the Mariner I didn't know about not taking drinks out. I had half of my martini to take to dinner. I was very politely stopped and informed of the policy of no drinks to be taken out of the lounge. Now I know, won't make that mistake again.

IIt is not like I was going to bring an empty liter of water botle and fill it up with vodka an smuggle it out to sell on deck to the smokers that were saving all the lounge chairs by the pool or anything like that,

Thanks for giving me a chuckle after a long hard day at work!:D Hope you have a wonderful time on your cruise.:)

OP,

I feel that your comment about taking a bottle of vodka etc. was quite nasty. .

I meant to type that guests are NOT allowed, not now allowed. I also want to apologize to you for saying your vodka comment was nasty. I only read the first part of it and saw red. Had I read the entire sentence, I would have laughed as I did later when I finally read the whole thing.

Sorry.

I don't intend to hijack the thread but does anyone have experience with staying in the GS cabin located next to the Concierge Lounge?

I am worried about the noise and "crowds"(?)

Thanks for all replies, Bill

Our first night in the concierge lounge on the Mariner I didn't know about not taking drinks out. I had half of my martini to take to dinner. I was very politely stopped and informed of the policy of no drinks to be taken out of the lounge. Now I know, won't make that mistake again.
Part of the problem is that they don't want too many glasses being taken out of the CL. Some Concierges are OK with you taking out your drink poured into a plastic, disposible cup.

I don't intend to hijack the thread but does anyone have experience with staying in the GS cabin located next to the Concierge Lounge?

I am worried about the noise and "crowds"(?)

Thanks for all replies, Bill

You won't even know that the CL is there.

Archived