Voyager Wi-Fi

RelaxNCruz

I've read that the Voyager now has Wi-Fi hot spots. Was wondering the following:

1) can I hook my own laptop into the Voyager's network?

2) where will I be able to pick up wireless connections on the ship?

Thanks in advance for any insights!

If you regularly use your own laptop with wifi connections then you should have no problem doing so on Voyager. If you do have problems, you should be able to get assistance from the computer person manning club.com. As to wifi hotspots, you should be able to get a connection in your cabin as well as almost anywhere else onboard the ship.

Debbie

On the 2008 World Cruise sometimes the Internet in the cabins (we were in 810) was exceptionally slow. Propping a shoe in the doorway to hold the metal door open a crack seemed to help most times (you can see the WiFi attennas in the corridors)...at least it got you the speed that folks were getting in the ship's Internet cafe. But if it was still quite slow in many instances.

There's nothing quick about the internet on any of the ships IMO. We've been fortunate to be on deck 6, midship so were directly above club.com on the Voyager. If you do alot of internet from your laptop in your cabin, this is an excellent WI-FI location for your cabin. It seems to work at the same speed as being in club.com

No...810 is not in the middle of the ship (it is forward of the forward elevators...but in a very nice quiet hall)...but Voyager has WiFi repeaters or such spread throughout the ship. But as Marcie says, in some areas it fluctuates, but most of the time you can get 56 Mbps...which is what you get in Club.com...which is slow if you are used to a cable moden at home. Ah, but to have such problems sailing the seven seas!

Archived