Century Deck Question

Eddie4Paws

Hello. I'm hoping a past-Century cruiser can help me with a question I have. On the Century, do any of the decks that are predominantly cabins, have doors that lead to the outside or do you need to take the elevator/stairs to a deck with outside access? I was recently on the Sea Princess, and on the Aloha Deck, there was an aft door that lead to a small deck with chaise lounges, and also outside stairs from that deck that led to the one above. I had an inside cabin, but with the passage way to the outside, it was like having a balcony cabin. I appreciate any information anyone can provide. Thank you!:)

There are outside stairs on both port and starboard of Century at the aft from Panorama deck right up to the Sunset Bar on Resort deck. We sailed aft on Penthouse deck and found these to allow easy access to the upper levels of the ship. There are no loungers or chairs that I saw but I was only going up one level so who knows? lol. Have fun!

With the recent renovation of the Century most of the stern areas have been turned into Balconies for individual cabins. There are no aft avaliable areas on predominately cabin decks for sunning or relaxing to my knowledge.

We were on Deck 12 and we had easy access to the outside without having to take the stairs or elevators.

So, does anyone know if there is still an area AFT where you can walk from the Panorama Deck up to the other decks, without walking to the midship elevators?

So, does anyone know if there is still an area AFT where you can walk from the Panorama Deck up to the other decks, without walking to the midship elevators?

Our Sky Suite was fairly aft and just outside our cabin were the stairs and elevators to the other decks. Those stairs would lead you down to Panorama Deck, but they are inside not outside stairs. If you look at a deck plan for Century, you will see the stairs I mean; they are directly across the from the aft elevators.

When we were aboard Century one year ago, there were outdoor stairs all the way aft leading from the Entertainment Deck up to the Sports Deck.

Ok, I was trying to find out if there were outside staris from the Panorama Deck up, buyt it sounds like those are now cabins...

Ok, I was trying to find out if there were outside staris from the Panorama Deck up, buyt it sounds like those are now cabins...

There are also stairs from the Promenade Deck up to the Entertainment Deck, these are a little farther forward from the ones that go all the way up to Sports Deck. It's true there are new balconies in what was formerly public space looking aft on decks 8, 9, and 10, but the stairs are still there.

I appreciate all of your replies, but I don't think my original question was answered. ;) Is there a passenger cabin deck where I can walk directly to an outside area to get fresh air without having to go up or down either the inside stairs or elevators?

Thanks!!!!:)

I appreciate all of your replies, but I don't think my original question was answered. ;) Is there a passenger cabin deck where I can walk directly to an outside area to get fresh air without having to go up or down either the inside stairs or elevators?

Yes. Four of them. Decks 8, 9, 10 and 12.

Yeah - Deck 12 (Sports Deck). That's about it.

Go to Celebrity web site, click on Plan a cruise, then ships, then Century, then Century deck plans, then look at Panorama all the way aft and you will see the exit to outside next to rooms 8220 or 8229, and the stairway. Then look at the decks above, and you will see the exits and the stairway. Obviously, if you want to use it as a place to catch a bit of fresh air, you would need to book a stern cabin.

Hi there , Sorry for this late response , I've been away a few days .....

Well , I've worked on Century for about 18 months ....YES there is a specific area ....on the back of the ship both sides there are doors that lead to a semi open stair case that leads to deck 10 - 11 all the way....

There were no chairs or such at the time I was there , but hey If you ask a Cabin Attendant , may be they can help!

These are very quiet spots...you can have Cigars there .....undisturbed !

Have a Great Cruise !

Hello. I'm hoping a past-Century cruiser can help me with a question I have. On the Century, do any of the decks that are predominantly cabins, have doors that lead to the outside or do you need to take the elevator/stairs to a deck with outside access? I was recently on the Sea Princess, and on the Aloha Deck, there was an aft door that lead to a small deck with chaise lounges, and also outside stairs from that deck that led to the one above. I had an inside cabin, but with the passage way to the outside, it was like having a balcony cabin. I appreciate any information anyone can provide. Thank you!:)

Archived