Random Food/Beverage Question

partygirl43

They also have a brown package of sugar which I was told was "raw sugar" I had never heard of it and didn't try but several others loved it.

Raw sugar is sugar that has not been refined, it is very course. I always put in a Cappuccino. But of course I would guess you could put it in anything.

They also have a brown package of sugar which I was told was "raw sugar" I had never heard of it and didn't try but several others loved it.

I was in Hawaii, Land Of Raw Sugar. A restaurant offered regular basic sugar and the brown raw sugar packets. Of course, I took the raw one because it was local and I wanted to see if there was a difference. No big difference. I read the label on the packet...made in Brooklyn, NY. Long trip for raw sugar :p

Here in San Jose CA the raw sugar is pretty common. I like it best, I think it is a little sweeter than regular sugar and tastes a bit like brown sugar. I love it in my capuccino, coffee and chai tea lattes. It does not disolve well in cold drinks though! That is the only sugar I used on the Pride last week, and my daughter only used Splenda. They had pretty much everything!

Archived