Question about Cheryl Tomer

I'm using Cheryl Tomer for my wedding coordinator. We're getting married a week from this Thursday and all she asked us for was $150.00 for a hurricane deposit. Is this unusual? Should I call her and pay her some money. I'm worried she won't show up. Please share experiences with me.

We didn't have to pay a hurricane deposit, but we did marry in March (St John, USVI) which is not hurricane season. If I remember correctly, we paid 50% down to reserve everything, and then the remaining 50% about a month in advance (directly to wedding coordinator - Stacy Mulcare).

The last time I spoke to Cheryl she said she was going on vacation to Ireland. The last E-Mail I received she said she would meet us on the gangway at 2:00 p.m. I'm just wondering how she's going to pay for everything without our 50% deposit. We're getting the hisbicus package so maybe her upfront costs are less than $150.00. Anyway there doesn't seem to be any hurricanes but my fiance and I are fighting so maybe It's an omen that we didn't pay her all of the money.

Take a deep breath and relax... that's what everyone here is telling me to do.

An omen is that your father in -law dies 3 months before your wedding... so you decide to change venues ( St. John- his name was John and your wedding planner is now named Mary- his step mom's name is Mary). And your family is ok w/ the fact that we want to get married alone and meet them back on the ship... Now THAT'S an omen! LOL

If she said that she's going to meet you, then she'll meet you.

How long will she be in Ireland? She does have other people working for her so you might not have Cheryl actually be there.

I have heard nothing bad about her in the year since I first hired her and then changed my venue.

When do you leave again?

Kathy 10/05/04

Kathy,

I'm sure your father in law is looking down and smiling. He just wants you and your fiance to be happy.

Everything I've read about Cheryl Tomer have been great. She did say there are other people there but when I talked to her last she said she wanted to take care of our wedding personally. She said she would be back from Ireland in time. Can you believe we're getting married Sept. 2nd and our cruise leaves this Sun. I didn't even pack a thing yet. I'm usually very excited before a cruise but this time I'm anxious. The breathing doesnt work for me. I wish it was that simple.LOL

LOL.

I'm going thru almost the same thing. I thought that this was supposed to be sooooo easy, but I think I'm really a closet control freak and hate that I can't see everything or make sure that everything is perfect before we get down there!

My FI wants to do a trial packing this weekend to make sure that I can fit all of my crap. LOL And we leave October 2!

get to packing! I know I'll have mine started at least the week before and then I'll add more stuff as the week goes on.

I hope to at least meet Cheryl when we get there... at least she said that she'd love to meet before we're off to St. John. She seems like such a sweetheart on the phone.

If I don't talk to you have a wonderful time!

Let's us know how it went!

Kathy :)

We are using Cheryl too, and I think she gets back from Ireland sometime in the next couple of days. My wedding isn't until the middle of October and I was freaking out about her trip, so I can only imagine how you feel. I wouldn't worry too much about it. I think that she just wants to get the money paid when you get to the island for the wedding. She probably has relationships with all the people that she uses for stuff so doesn't really have to worry about making payment until the wedding is over. Good luck and make sure you give a full rundown of the wedding when you get back. Congratulations and have a WONDERFUL time.

Barbara

10/21/04

She probably has relationships with all the people that she uses for stuff so doesn't really have to worry about making payment until the wedding is over.

That's what I kinda figured out about our wedding coordinator. The reception catamaran was taking a headcount, so I figured she didn't even tell them how many or they were just trying to confirm. She also gave the cab driver a voucher of some sort - whereas if we would have just booked the cab ourselves we could have just paid cash and not had the extra 18% coordinator fee.

I really think they all know each other well since the islands are so small and there are not many vendors to choose from. I know that when I played flute in weddings, I wouldn't get paid until after the ceremony/reception, although the coordinator was probably paid well in advance.

• 3 weeks later...
Does Cheryl have a website? If she does, can you tell me what it is, or her phone number? We have been tossing the idea of gettied married down there too. We are just not sure if we want to cruise or fly. Thanks!!

Hi, Cheryls website is http://www.viweddings.com I am also using her for my wedding Nov 17 at Bluebeards. She is great to work with, very helpful with answers to all questions. I was leery about having someone coordinate my wedding that I never met but I have read very good reviews on these boards about her and so far she is adding up to all my expectations.

Good luck with your wedding plans!!

Denise

Archived