Changing Flight Going Home

niffer03878

We are currently scheduled on the 7:11PM flight out of Orlando on Sept 13th. There is one other flight from MCO to Boston at 11:45am.. What are our chances of getting off of the Sensation and getting to the airport in time for this flight? I just checked the availability of seats on the earlier flight and there are more then 45 seats still open. I want to head home earlier so we can get home to our son sooner (if we keep the late flight we won't get home before 2am). I know that there is a fee for changing flights and we are OK with that, but what about getting off the ship. Currently our fun pass was done for the later flight. Can we schedule an earlier leave?

I know so many questions but we want to make sure that we have all the answers before we go. If our flight hadn't changed 4 times we would have been fine (it was originally supposed to leave at 3:30PM), but this new flight is just too late for us.

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

A lot of information re: what to do would come forth if you would tell us what airline it is.

Some airlines easily change your travel on the day-of, others charge you for the privilege, still others will not allow it unless you've paid full-fare.

A lot of information re: what to do would come forth if you would tell us what airline it is.

Some airlines easily change your travel on the day-of, others charge you for the privilege, still others will not allow it unless you've paid full-fare.

Sorry about that.,.. It's with Delta. I haven't been able to find much regarding this on their website. We don't even know if we would be able to make it from the ship to the airport in time to even make the flight but we want to try.. Hanging out at the airport until 7pm isn't a lot of fum

I haven't been able to find much regarding this on their website.
I saw that your flight times matched those of the Delta flights that day, so thought that this was likely.

You hadn't been asking earlier about the process of changing the tickets. I don't know where you get the figure of 45 from. If you are counting unallocated seats on the flight's seat map, that is one of the most inaccurate methods of gauging seat availability at a good price. Even if there are 45 unallocated seats, you may find that the cheapest fares are no longer available on that flight, or there may only be one or two left at a particular fare level. You can even find that the cheapest fare for that flight is higher than the cheapest fare on another flight where there are fewer unallocated seats.

As it happens, it looks like there are some cheap seats available on the 1147 flight. Right now, you could get at least 7 seats for a total fare of $99.40. The change fee for this fare is $75, so I would expect that it would also cost you something like that to change the ticket that you have.

But I have no idea whether this flight is too early.

If you want to take the earlier flight, be sure to have a private company pick you up after the cruise to get you to the airport ASAP. Also, you better plan on doing the self debarkation, carrying off your own luggage, to save more time. It will be tight, but as long as the ship gets in on time, and clears customs, it can be done. Good luck!

As it happens, it looks like there are some cheap seats available on the 1147 flight. Right now, you could get at least 7 seats for a total fare of $99.40. The change fee for this fare is $75, so I would expect that it would also cost you something like that to change the ticket that you have.

If the same # of seats remain unsold, Delta has recently changed their "same-day change" fee to $50 per person, so the OP would have to pay $50x7 at the airport on the day of flight to move up to the early flight.

So, if movement to the earlier flight is desired, perhaps what Globaliser has suggested above is a good idea. Only you can decide if $350 (50x7) or $525 (75x7) is worth the 7 or 8 hours change.

Also, you're still a month out, and another schedule change may happen and make the change fee you pay wasted.

Sorry, just to clarify: I'm not sure whether the OP needs 7 seats. That was the maximum number of seats that I could easily search for using tools that I commonly use, to see how close the flight currently is to selling out all the cheap seats.

Archived