60+ day Pacific Cruise

Maureenxx

We are thinking of booking the 60+ day Pacific/Asia cruise in Sept 2008. I think it is on the Statendam. Have a few questions for anyone who has done this cruise. Are you billed for the extras on a regular basis or all at the end of the cruise? What about extra tipping in addition to the regular amount added to the bill; did you give them periodically or at the end? Are there any special amenities on these longer cruises? Are the longer cruises worth the expense? Thanks for any comments.

The cruise you are refering to sails on the Amsterdam. The cost, when viewed on a per diem basis , is not too bad, however it does add up. It looks to me like this sailing is two segments and if this correct, there is a settlement after each segment.

I do not have experience on voyages like this and others who do will be chiming in. Hope this tides you over till then. :)

We are thinking of booking the 60+ day Pacific/Asia cruise in Sept 2008. I think it is on the Statendam. Have a few questions for anyone who has done this cruise. Are you billed for the extras on a regular basis or all at the end of the cruise? What about extra tipping in addition to the regular amount added to the bill; did you give them periodically or at the end? Are there any special amenities on these longer cruises? Are the longer cruises worth the expense? Thanks for any comments.

Good Even Maureexx, You might want to go through the posts on this site: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=457434 It is on the MS Amsterdam.

We are taking that voyage next month.:) Check out the other Amsterdam roll calls. I don't think the Statendam does the grand voyage, but it does do a number of repeat cruising in the Pacific Rim countries as it works it way from a US West Coast port on it's way to Vancouver BC for the summer Alaska cruising season - I am sure someone has all the answers to your questions.:cool:

Archived