Adventure of the Seas Aug 5-12 Review and Pictures!

jimbug

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. We are going in March and I was getting worried as I've seen some complaints about the AOS and itinerary. You've reinvigorated my excitement!!:D:D:D

After looking at the snuba pictures, I may even have to give it a try. The water is so startlingly clear and blue isn't it. It's easy to forget how beautiful it is!!

Thanks again!!

I enjoyed reading your review.. thanks a lot for being so detailed.

Just another quick question though.

Did they stick to 8:30 departure time in Aruba? Last time it was like 11

pm that the left.. Was just wondering about that.

Thanks!

Jimbug,

Your review was awesome. I had to laugh about the beds being together. On my first trip on the Adventure, I traveled with my sister and the beds were together. It took a long time to get it rectified as one person wouldn't listen to our request, but kept looking at their form that said together. As we explained to the housekeeping supervisor, we love each other, but not that much. :D

Glad you had an awesome time. Every cruise is a good cruise for me. The little things like the beds are just speed bumps.

Jen

Great Review so far! Keep it coming.

We're going on the Sep 16th sailing of AOS.

By chance, do remember if port or starboard had a better view most of the time? Just wondering.

Thanks!

Hey Enzeno.... I haven't seen you over on our 9/16 AOS thread! C'mon and join us. We've got a bunch of people signed up for our M&M. I'll get you the link..... http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=504178&page=27

Jimmie, enjoying your review :D - almost like being there!

nancy

Hi Jimbug & Liz,

Thanks for this great review.

Dh & I went to the first private Meet & Mingle, but only one other couple was there. I never received the "Meet & Mingle" letter and completely forgot about our second M&M once onboard.....I was so excited being on the AOS.

It was great meeting both of you, as well as, the rest of our group, Wed. morning for our beach trip.... Glad we picked that beach. I would highly recommend it....Sorry we didn't have a chance to sit and chat, but my DH & I were too busy snorkeling...My underwater camera case cracked and filled with water....The photo-finisher is trying to salvage the film....Tomorrow I'll see if any of photos came out....Keeping my fingers crossed....Anyway,,,not until I started uploading my photos, it hit me, I should have taken a group shot of us....:(

I have to agree with you about the Puerto Rican clientèle. We didn't have a problem with it at all. What I did notice, on the TV, there were more channels in several foreign languages, Spanish, French, German and not in English. Which didn't matter being I wasn't on a cruise to watch TV....;)..:)

I also have to agree with you on the disembarkment...Very confusing.

We totally enjoyed the AOS, meeting all our Roll Call members, and seeing the Islands.

And now looking into my next cruise.

Thank you again, Jimbug for this fabulous review.....Excellent details...and the great photos....

Chris

Thanks for your very detailed and informative review. It was so much fun to read...like a great book you can't put down. I kept coming back for your next installment. I leave on the AOS 9/30/2007 and my boyfriend Joe and I can't wait! Thanks again. :) ~Val

Hi Jimmie,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review and share your pictures with us all.

Is there any chance that you saved your cruise compasses? Any chance that you would mind scanning them, if you have?

We will be on AOS in two weeks time for our first cruise ever and I would like to be able to make the most of it. So far, your review and pictures have been a great help!

Thanks!

Hi Jimmie,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review and share your pictures with us all.

Is there any chance that you saved your cruise compasses? Any chance that you would mind scanning them, if you have?

We will be on AOS in two weeks time for our first cruise ever and I would like to be able to make the most of it. So far, your review and pictures have been a great help!

Thanks!

I'm sorry, I didn't save them. If you have any questions, though, I will try to remember!

Excellent review - thanks for posting. We leave in 4 weeks on the same itinerary.

I was wondering about your time in Aruba. I just found out that friends of ours were on your cruise and they said they had to be back on the ship in Aruba by 5pm, even though the ship didn't sail until later. Do you know if that is the case for all the AOS cruises that stop in Aruba? That's very odd to have to be back onboard early when the ship isn't even ready to sail...did you happen to find out why?

Thanks!

We didn't have to be back onboard in Aruba until 8pm for an 8:30 sailaway. I have no idea why someone said they had to be back by 5pm.

Enjoy your cruise--we had a blast!

Thanks! I thought perhaps they were confused with another port. It's good to know we'll have the whole time to explore.

Archived