Behind the Scenes at Taronga?

TucAZCruiser

I have just read it on their website and it sounds great especially as you are being taken over the zoo with a guide.

If you are interested then I would definitely book it. Our daughter and family lived opposite the zoo in Sydney for 7 years, so I know the zoo well. Our grandchildren always wanted to go over and visit and one little three year old grandson knew most of the different types of monkeys there.

We also used to go occasionally to the wonderful Jazz Sessions held on a Friday night in summer. Looking at the beautiful views over Sydney, sitting on a rug in the warm air listening to wonderful jazz, what more could anyone ask for.

Jennie

You are so lucky to have only seen a snake in a zoo. I remember when we were first married and had just moved into our new home, I was out watering the lawn and next thing a brown snake had slithered by, I was petrified and went rushing inside. Brown snakes are very poisonous. Of course since then I have learnt that snakes always see us first and usually hide away from us.

My two hates in this world are snakes and rats.

Jennie

Kaz

What an accommodating mother!!!! We had lots of pets but there was no way they could have pet snakes or Mice.

Vicki

If you go to the zoo - arrive by ferry - its a great way to get there and then ride the gondola up the hill - just spectacular views of the harbour. Do they have a sleepover at the zoo? My daughter did that with her children at the Perth zoo and loved it.

I love Taronga - haven't been there for years but used to take the children there when we lived in Sydney. I remember going thaere when I was a child and it was all concrete pens - now its so open its beautiful. Lots of walking and its on a slope so is a good workout.

The only way to visit the zoo in my opinion is to go by ferry. It is only a 10 minute ride there. Otherwise you would have to catch a bus, go over the bridge and through Cremorne and Mosman which would take ages.

From the ferry dock you then catch the sky train (gondola) up to the top and walk slowly down, taking in all the animals and the amazing view. It is worthwhile going just for the view.

Jennie

It was $36AU for ferry ticket, zoo entry, gondola or bus ride to the top, ferry back to Sydney,

Tickets are purchased at the ferry ticket booth

again an awesome day

th_41513_DSC02413_122_392lo.JPGth_41520_DSC02415_122_857lo.JPGth_41525_DSC02430_122_705lo.JPGth_41531_DSC02435_122_124lo.JPG

mes531: gondola is right next to the ferry terminal. its an easy spiral ramp climb up to the entrance. there is an exit at the bottom of the zoo which brings you out at the same place.

:)

Colleen,

Yes the zoo still has a sleep over.. They also have a "Zoorise" with breakfast at 7AM (for groups of 20 or more).

I'm definitely going over by ferry, but I thought maybe a past cruiser has done a VIP type tour or new someone who has.

Vickie

Archived