My (extremely long) review is up

sarahruth23

Hi, all!

I just wanted to let you know that I just returned from a week on Radiance of the Seas southbound and my review has been posted. I got carried away - it's really long :) You can find it here: http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=31494

I'm happy to try and answer questions, if you have them.

Sarah

Sarahruth,

I read every word of your review and it was fantastic. I relied on reviews like yours when I planned my trip and your write-up will be very useful to future cruisers (which I hope to be again :D )

I'm pretty sure the seals you saw in the Skagway harbor near the salmon ladder were harbor seals.

Thanks again for sharing your information and enthusiasm with us.

Sarah - Thank you for taking time to post your thorough report. I am a big fan of "detailed reviews" as they usually contains a little something for everyone. You provided a lot of useful information and I appreciate it very much. Any chance you will be posting pictures?

DH and I will be on the Radiance next year and have a few questions for you:

1. You mentioned that you ate dinner in the Windjammer - do you happen to know their operating hours for dinner service? Did you go at a particular time each night? Looking for least crowded time.

2. DH and I always play mini-golf on the ships - has become somewhat of a tradition for us. Was it crowded? On the Princess ships that we have been on and the Vision of the Seas, most people didn't even know where the mini-golf course was - it is usually in some far off corner of the ship. I am hoping it will be the same on the Radiance.

3. Did anyone from your group eat at the Seaview Cafe? If so, what did they think of it?

We took our DD, SNL, and 17-month old granddaughter with us on the Vision of the Seas in February and were extremely impressed with the care and attention the staff gave to our "little one." Every night the head waiter would take our granddaughter and carry her to the table. The waitstaff would make sure her cottage cheese and anything else she wanted was promptly brought. In the Windjammer we found the same level of service. Everyone was so kind and attentive. I'm glad to hear that our child experience was not just an isolated case.

Thank you so much for offering to answer questions.

Karen

Sarah - Thank you for taking time to post your thorough report. I am a big fan of "detailed reviews" as they usually contains a little something for everyone. You provided a lot of useful information and I appreciate it very much. Any chance you will be posting pictures?

DH and I will be on the Radiance next year and have a few questions for you:

1. You mentioned that you ate dinner in the Windjammer - do you happen to know their operating hours for dinner service? Did you go at a particular time each night? Looking for least crowded time.

2. DH and I always play mini-golf on the ships - has become somewhat of a tradition for us. Was it crowded? On the Princess ships that we have been on and the Vision of the Seas, most people didn't even know where the mini-golf course was - it is usually in some far off corner of the ship. I am hoping it will be the same on the Radiance.

3. Did anyone from your group eat at the Seaview Cafe? If so, what did they think of it?

We took our DD, SNL, and 17-month old granddaughter with us on the Vision of the Seas in February and were extremely impressed with the care and attention the staff gave to our "little one." Every night the head waiter would take our granddaughter and carry her to the table. The waitstaff would make sure her cottage cheese and anything else she wanted was promptly brought. In the Windjammer we found the same level of service. Everyone was so kind and attentive. I'm glad to hear that our child experience was not just an isolated case.

Thank you so much for offering to answer questions.

Karen

Hi, Karen!

You can see our pictures at http://picasaweb.google.com/lnash248. We winnowed them down quite a bit, but there are still a TON!

The dinner hours for Windjammer were in the Compass each day - I can't remember if they changed or not, but it was something like 5:30-9:00 - I don't remember exactly. We hardly ever had a problem getting a table, and we usually went by 6:30. We ate breakfast usually around 6:30, and lunch right around 12:00, so I would think that we were there at busy times. I think one time it was crowded, and one of the waiters found a table for us.

The night I played mini-golf no one else was there (it was early in the trip - maybe the first sea day when we went to Hubbard Glacier?), and I think my family went up one or two more times and never found anyone there.

We did eat at the Seaview once or twice - one time we went it was right at lunchtime and it was really crowded, which made it tough. It's really small inside and the weather wasn't really nice enough to eat outside. But my siblings and I went late one night for a snack and enjoyed it very much!

I hope this helps - I'm sure that you will have a fantastic time!

Sarah

Sarah,

Thanks for the review and pictures. We will be there in less than two weeks and your info was very helpful and photo album was very nice. I was particularly interested in the bears, since we are also going to Traitor's Cove with Michelle.

Archived