Splenda & Splenda products

Tom.Terrific

Hi all,

My wife and I are leaving on our second cruise (first time on Carnival) in less that two weeks (yeah!) She is diabetic and prefers Splenda to other non-sugar sweeteners for her coffee and tea, as well as soft drinks. Will we find the familiar yellow packets on board or should we bring our own? Is diet Coke (sweetened with Splenda) available on board or should we bring a 12-pack of those as well? Thanks!

Yellow packets are available everywhere along with pink and blue ones. Coke products are all that they have so she should not have a problem there. They offer diet desserts at all meals that said it is made with a sugar subsitute but I am not sure if it is Splenda or not. Tastes good though :)

Hope this helps. Have a great time.

Hi all,

My wife and I are leaving on our second cruise (first time on Carnival) in less that two weeks (yeah!) She is diabetic and prefers Splenda to other non-sugar sweeteners for her coffee and tea, as well as soft drinks. Will we find the familiar yellow packets on board or should we bring our own? Is diet Coke (sweetened with Splenda) available on board or should we bring a 12-pack of those as well? Thanks!

Yes, they have the Splenda packets. I don't know about the Diet Coke with the Splenda though. I'm sure someone else will answer that question.

Enjoy your cruise. :)

I didn't know there were two kinds of diet coke? One with splenda and one with a different kind of sugar substitute. Why wouldn't they make it all the same? :confused:

Really not looking for an answer, this was just a statement.

Diet coke will not have splenda while on CCL. The yellow packets are out in most areas. If you need to ask the waiters can always get it. Have you tried Stevia sweetner?

name game,

Some people have had some serious health problems with the nutrisweet. Splenda seems to cause less health issues.

name game,

Some people have had some serious health problems with the nutrisweet. Splenda seems to cause less health issues.

So then why doesn't DC make all of it with Splenda vs. Nutrisweet? Personally I like Splenda better, no aftertaste for me.

So then why doesn't DC make all of it with Splenda vs. Nutrisweet? Personally I like Splenda better, no aftertaste for me.

And some folks, me included, have a problem with Splenda but not NutraSweet. One of the side effects with Splenda is several joint pain. I unfortunately found this out last year I started drinking the Diet Coke with Splenda. Choice is a good thing!

And some folks, me included, have a problem with Splenda but not NutraSweet. One of the side effects with Splenda is several joint pain. I unfortunately found this out last year I started drinking the Diet Coke with Splenda. Choice is a good thing!

Never thought of that. I never drink soda, just water. Unfortunately there is Splenda and/or nutrisweet in other things I consume.

Hi all,

I'm a diabetic also, and there is plenty of Splenda available-I'm partial to Splenda also. If you order room service and want Splenda for your tea or coffee, just tell them when you order (or if you are doing a breakfast order via door hanger write it in), and they always deliver plenty. Have never seen the Splenda in a coke product on board. Most of the sugar free desserts are good, but they aren't low cal. The sugar free ice cream is also good. Have a great cruise!

Hi all,

I also am diabetic and I pay attention to stuff like this. Fountain Coke is *not* sweetened with aspartame (blue packet stuff) as it has a shorter shelf life. They have used saccharine in the fountain product forever. They may be using Splenda in it now as it does have a better shelf life. Be well aware that most products using Splenda also use other sweeteners.

A nice definite maybe, isn't it?

Personally, I can tolerate all the non-nutritive sweeteners. I really do not like colas and similar, so I drink a lot of water.

Doc:)

I drink nothing but diet coke, never heard of it with splenda.. just the new diet coke plus with vitamins.

I only drink Diet coke with splenda....they have been making it for at least two or three years. Harder to find that reg diet coke, but I don't drink aspartame as it has unhealthy health risks. Splenda is the way to go. If you want diet coke with splenda bring it with you as I have NEVER seen it on the ship. I normally just order water and put splenda and lemon in it so I don't have to deal with the aspartame.

Barb

(am diabetic myself)

It tastes different too. While I prefer splenda most of the time, I still prefer the original DC to the splenda DC....I guess it's more what I'm use to than anything.

I'm really glad they still make diet coke without the Splenda. Everyone I know thinks Splenda is great but it has a horrible chemical taste to me and I don't have a good reaction to it - I get weak and shaky about 10 minutes after consuming anything with Splenda (sucralose.) I've had to really start reading labels because all sorts of products are sneaking it in now.

I do remember seeing the packets onboard for those of you who like it.

Archived