where to buy a new swimming suit in Winter?

bhpeters

Hi! I'm planning to lose a total of 25 lbs, (already down 10!) before our cruise Feb 12, 2005... but it occured to me that I'll need a new swimming suit for my new size and I've never been able to buy suits in the Winter,... anyone have ideas? Anyone know what the general prices are for buying suits on the cruise ship or is that not a good bet?

thanks

I would think the suits on ship would be expensive. You can check out just about any store online & even tho bathing suits are not in the stores in December, you can check them out online & purchase them. Usually at a discounted price.

Landsend.com has great suits, but a little pricey. You can check out Sears, JCpenneys, Dillards or any of your favorite stores online web site. I am sure you will find plenty!

I have this very same problem! I am hoping to get mine from ebay! My cousin went to Hawaii last December and she found three suits on ebay all with the store tags still attached for $5.00 a piece! I have started looking for our January cruise but I am unsure of what size I will be:)

I just brought 2 on line on Newportnews.com They had some nice ones on clearance. My cruise isn't until March and I'm planning on dropping at least 50 pounds before then. I bought them a little smaller, but not unrealistically smaller! I guess I'd suggest maybe waiting though and order about 2 months before so that if they don't work, you can return/exchange them. There a lot of on-line swimsuits to pick from.

Good luck and congrats on 10 pounds gone!

Jean

I just brought 2 on line on Newportnews.com They had some nice ones on clearance. My cruise isn't until March and I'm planning on dropping at least 50 pounds before then. I bought them a little smaller, but not unrealistically smaller! I guess I'd suggest maybe waiting though and order about 2 months before so that if they don't work, you can return/exchange them. There a lot of on-line swimsuits to pick from.

Good luck and congrats on 10 pounds gone!

Jean

This is so funny! I copied your link to my browser and came to Newport News, VA Website. Funny because I used to live there! I loved that place now I want to go back!!!!!

ooppps! Sorry 'bout that... forgot the "-" in Newport-news!

I've been to Newport News.... the city. Went there to shop at the outlets with a friend. Flew all the way from Wisconsin to shop in Newport News! I wished we could have stayed longer to sight see more, it's a nice area!

Jean

My cruise is late January of 2005. I have lost 34 lbs so far and plan on another 20 before cruising. I went ahead and bought 3 walmart swimsuits 2 sizes too small. I also bought 8 blouses and 3 pairs of shorts. Clothes are so cheap right now, I never paid more than $10 dollars for anything. JCPenny's, Dillards and Kohl's have great sales so I feel like I have made a wise investment. If I end up not being that size when I cruise, I am not out that much money. But to tell you the truth it has given me a greater incentive to lose. I have actually been stocking up on all the items my family will need, sunscreen, bug spray, water shoes, swimsuits, towels etc. You just can't find any of that here in the midwest in the winter.

I have been doing the same thing! I love shopping and when I can shop for smaller clothes and get a good deal I snatch it up! My DH won't let me buy for him though. He likes to go out and buy right before. He always stays the same weight. I hate him...just kidding!

I have to also agree with landsend. Their suits are the best and you can buy the tankinis in different sized tops and bottoms too. Some are in the overstock area under inseason markdowns. also look on ebay. there are lots of them on there, only remember not as easy to return. make sure you know what size to order. sears now carries landsend, and has a few left...even if you just try them on for size.

We live in MN so it's tough finding swim suits here in January. In the past I've been able to find swim suits in the winter in upscale stores - Nordstroms, Saks, Macy's. You may pay more, but at least you can try them on instead of ordering them on the net and hope they look good when they get there. I've never had much luck with that - especially with swim suits!!! Good luck! I'll need to buy one in December or January too, have lost 18 pounds with 37 to go. Who knows what size I'll be when we leave. Hopefully a really little one!!!

unless you must try the suit on first, I find some of the best deals are on ebay.

I just bought a new (tags attached) suit for $36. that retails for $350! Yea! I just have to lose a few pounds. The suit is just beautiful and the incentive I need to get excercising;) Now where is that treadmill?:rolleyes:

stacey

Archived