inflatable pool..how do you fill it?

lolakat

I know this maybe a stupid question but I'm new to cruising with a baby so please bear with me. I've read on here that if you have a baby you can bring a small inflatable pool for them to splash in. I was wondering how you actually fill the pools with water. Are they actually allowed on the pool deck or do you just use them on the balcony in your room. It sounds like a great idea and I'm hoping you experts can give me some details on how you actually used them.

Thanks.

You can use them on the pool deck (if there is room) or on a balcony. Just bring a small sand bucket to fill it will. You can use the pool water or the water from the sink in your cabin if it's on your balcony. Just empty it into the shower when you are done. :)

On RCCL room service will deliver you a bucket of ice (if you call and request it) the bucket is big enough so that you can fill the pool with 3-4 trips to the water source.

On the pool deck I would use the pool water and then just empty by any drain on the deck.

On your balcony I LOVE the idea of emptying into the shower - but our pool is larger (not bathtub sized) (now I am rethinking this idea, maybe we should return the pool and get a bathtub sized one...) so I was planning on dumping the water into the gutter along the edge of the balcony.

Reevaluating based on what crusinmam06 said - I think I will empty the pool into the ice bucket and dump the water into the shower. Sure, it will take a few trips but, that makes the most sense and seems more sanitary.

We use an empty beer bucket/ice bucket. I ask for one at the bar and just fill it with pool water or sink water if you are in cabin. I have used our blow up pool both on deck and on the balcony. I have never had a problem on deck. I just pick a wide open area where we wont be in anyone's way and set it there. We have never had a problem with it. Its a small pool though. We just empty it in the drains on deck when we are finished or in the shower if in the room.

Julie

Baby/toddler doesn't need much water, we've used the ice "bucket" idea - if you are bringing any sand toys for baby, a sand pail is fine. Four or five "buckets-full" generally suffices. If your pool is too large to manuvuer to your shower, a controlled empty into the deck drain on your balconey is fine (just don't "dump" or you may flood out a neighbor. Or bring a largish sponge with (dump it when your cruise is done) and mop up the water.

Apologies on the dumb question/clarification within a post, but is the "inflatable pool" the little inflatable tub-type thing you use in the bath (I am picturing an inflatable duck thing I saw at Target), versus a little inflatable pool for the yard? I wouldn't want to show up with some too-large pool ...

I saw a Mom with one on our cruise in May. It was probably slightly smaller than 3 feet across and about 6 inches deep and inflatable. I've seen them hanging on the shelf in bags at Walgreens Drug Store and Walmart as well. They're less than $5. I saw one on Amazon for $9.99 and says it holds 7 gallons of water. That's not too many trips with an ice bucket. :)

Archived