Carnival Fascination vs. Carnival Glory

NurseBeth

My fiance' & I live in Jacksonville. We had previously elected to have our wedding aboard the Carnival Glory out of Port Canaveral, because the Glory is newer and bigger than the Celebration, which is the current ship leaving out of Jacksonville.

Today Carnival announced that next September, they will be moving the Fascination to our port here in Jacksonville. It is a bigger ship than the Celebration, and has just had a major renovation last year. Now I am seriously considering booking our wedding aboard the Fascination. I think it will be easier for our guests and for us. My hairdresser etc. is all right here in Jax, it won't involve a 2 hour drive & hotel stay. The only downfall I really see is the Fascination isn't as big as the Glory, and the longest cruise it offers is a 5 day compared to the Glory's 7 day.

I looked for those who have had weddings aboard the Fascination, but wasn't able to find any pictures. I'm thinking since it just had a renovation it should look pretty good. Any thoughts?

I'm sorry I can't help you... but this is very interesting to me, as the cruise I'd picked for our wedding was Fascination - out of Miami! - in December 2008. that's how it's showing as of a few days ago on the Carnival site as well as the site I go to for cruise bookings. hmmm... this throws a new angle into what I was planning. :confused:

good luck to you, I have read general reviews from other parts of Cruise Critic about Fascination and they have all been very good! although I haven't seen any photos yet, either. :o

you know i just realized that you were trying to decide between Fascination and Glory, which is funny to me because as you know i WAS really thinking we would do Fascination when it was out of Miami, but after getting that tip from you ;) i did more searching and i've grown quite fond of a Glory cruise. my mom (who is my personal "cruise expert") kept saying that Fascination was old, and i should try to pick a newer ship... even though i told her it has been recently renovated and i've seen great reviews on here. but she's uber-picky and has been on so many cruises (probably hundreds - she used to work on cruise ships as well as has been on plenty for vacations) so she notices lots of things that most people would never think to look at. anyway, of course Glory is more expensive, bigger, newer, longer, etc. but i was totally set on going with Fascination and still would if it was going to work with our schedule. good luck searching for photos! wish i could help. this post may have just been rambling. :o

• 7 months later...

Archived