Best Drink??

delkins23

What is the best drink avaiable on the Liberty for the value. Meaning the most amount of alcohol for your buck without taking shots.

In my experience, as a bartender, Long island ice teas have the most alcohol. It is usually the best bang for your buck. Have one for me.

Long Island Ice Tea or the Funship Special. Or just keep getting back in line at the liquor tasting on the first day. Look for specials throughout the week. Like the $3.50 margaritia in the piano bar the first day for one hour.

Dave

Long Island Ice Tea or the Funship Special. Or just keep getting back in line at the liquor tasting on the first day. Look for specials throughout the week. Like the $3.50 margaritia in the piano bar the first day for one hour.

Dave

lol keep gettin gin the line at the taste testing-- oh mi gawd-- you get a taste in an eye cup-- it holds 2 drops.-- i could get thirtsy waiting for them to refill the cup--lol

http://community.webshots.com/album/521755807XYeiOA

lol keep gettin gin the line at the taste testing-- oh mi gawd-- you get a taste in an eye cup-- it holds 2 drops.-- i could get thirtsy waiting for them to refill the cup--lol

http://community.webshots.com/album/521755807XYeiOA

That is why it pays to go on the same ship several times and get to know the shop personnel. My little 1/2 ounce cups are always full. A shot is considered 1.5 ounces while a pony shot is 1 ounce.

Dave

What is the best drink avaiable on the Liberty for the value. Meaning the most amount of alcohol for your buck without taking shots.

Go to both of the Captains Welcome Aboard party. Do not take the drinks from the tray, go up to the bar and get what you want. This is the same for the past guest cruisers. But I am guessing this may be your first cruise with Carnival.

Of course this is only for one or two nights, the other seven or 11 you may want to go with a Long Island Ice Tea, now that is what I call a good bang for your buck.

I did pretty well with the cosmos. I got the most "bang for my buck" when I was hanging out in the same place all the time (usually piano bar), get to know the bar waiter and take care of him/her. They will be your friend for the week.

i had a bartender that made a horrilbe drink i cant remember exactly what it was either margerita,long island . but she made it with 90% sour mix it was like sucking on a lemon :( so i told her and she tryed making it better by get this empting half the drink out and adding water to top it off :eek: .

Best value is the Captain's Party, or if you qualify the Past Guest Party...free drinks!!

Otherwise, stop in at the gift shop for free tastings.

Payd:)

Go to both of the Captains Welcome Aboard party. Do not take the drinks from the tray, go up to the bar and get what you want. This is the same for the past guest cruisers. But I am guessing this may be your first cruise with Carnival.

Of course this is only for one or two nights, the other seven or 11 you may want to go with a Long Island Ice Tea, now that is what I call a good bang for your buck.

This is indeed my first cruise with carnival. I am really looking forward to it. It will my wife's first cruise ever. I have been on one cruise before. I did the Western Carribean on the Oosterdam with HAL a couple years ago. The first cruise was free for me but I am paying for this one and Carnival was a much more wallet friendly option and from what everyone says is an awesome cruise line!!

At the Welcome Aboard and Past Guest parties they walk around with drinks (champagne, whiskey sours, etc) but you can go to the bar and request anything you'd like on the house. Take advantage of it, trust me.

It's been said already but is worth saying again, Long Island Iced Teas are THE best bang for your buck at a bar, on board or on shore. ;) And quite yummy! Just try to keep count because you can easily go overboard without realizing it because they're so delish!

- Jess

Archived