Ketchikan - Lumberjack show - Worth it?

Fire and Ice

don't prebook...if you have time and looking for something to do..go. tickets are available in the store that fronts the theater. i haven't gone, but i was right behind the open theater area when it started. it's smaller then you think and sounded too "rehearsed" for me. some of the reviews call it cheesy.

with young kids, it could be a good idea.

The only reason we went to the Lumberjack show is because we had nothing else planned to do. The 9/11 attacks happened on our last Alaskan cruise so our flightseeing excursion was cancelled. The show is okay, but I would only go if you have young children. The would enjoy it more than you I think. JMO

Is the Lumberjack Show in Ketchikan worth it?

Someone just started a thread re: the Lumberjack show and it is on page 2 of this site for some more info for you. We have seen the Lumberjack Show and I think it is very good family entertainment....cheesy......maybe....., but good, clean, old fashioned humor. The Lumberjacks and Lumberjills are outstanding athletes and have been seen on numerous tv programs in competition. No, it is not the thrill that say, maybe ziplining is, or the awesome experience of flying over Misty Fjords, but it is cheaper than shopping :D and would be good fun for couples w/kids and overall less expensive than the shore excursions. If you really want to do this, you do need to book this ahead of time because it does sell out, often. Yes, there are times when folks walk right up and they get tickets.....but you just can not count on that. Just depends on how much you want to do it. You are under a covered pavilion, out of the weather, also. gg

Archived