Xpedition Cabin 501-by staircase and bar

CLOU

We want to reserve a suite and the only one available for our preferred sailing date is 501, which is next to the stairs and the bar. Has anyone stayed in 501 or 502, which is also next to the bar? Can anyone tell me if I should be concerned? I would not think this would be a loud bar crowd, but you never know.

We want to reserve a suite and the only one available for our preferred sailing date is 501, which is next to the stairs and the bar. Has anyone stayed in 501 or 502, which is also next to the bar? Can anyone tell me if I should be concerned? I would not think this would be a loud bar crowd, but you never know.

This is an incredibly active cruise and most of the passengers are in their cabins by 10:30/11:00. We were in 507, which is only another 10 feet up the corridor (don't let the floor plan fool you, this is a very small ship) and we never heard a thing. If you are referring to the Blue Finch Bar, it is actually on an open deck area and I don't believe it is even open in the evening after dinner. Except possibly on the nights dinner is served under the stars. At least we never noticed it being open.

Roland...

We are in the same cabin on the upcoming Sept 28 sailing.

Besides Teva/Keen water/hiking shoes, any pre-cruise purchases you

reccomend?

Do you have links to any photos of the ship, and/or cabin?

Thx

jc

Toronto

Thanks for the responses. I thought the Blue Finch was open air, but could not tell for sure from the diagram. I also suspected this would not be a late not party cruise. I figure I will be exhausted. I will be interested to hear about the cabin, JC after you return. I too would be interested to see pictures of the ship. I have seen pictrues posted by people who have been on the cruise, but none of them show the cabins or much of the ship.

LOL. You can forget about the bar action. This is a cruise unlike any other you've taken. The only crowd at the bar is during the daytime and this is the bar at the lounge. I'm not sure the Blue Finch bar on the deck above was ever used. B/c all drinks except water are only available from the bar, the bartender was busy during the day more than in the evening. I particularly liked the lemonade, but a lot of my fellow pax got into the Malibu which was a mixture of orange and lemonade. Social life revolves around meals and the Cruise Director's talk each evening in the lounge before dinner.

One evening after we'd retired to our cabin, I realized I still had a glass from my afternoon lemonade and went back to the bar to return the glass. It was just after 10:00 and Movie Night in the lounge. There were only five people there other than the bartender. Three were talking; two were watching the movie. Everyone else had headed for bed! The two excursions a day keep you hopping; there's not a lot of down time. While on other cruises the night life is just getting cranked up at 10:00, on Xpedition it's practically lights out.

This is a small ship with short distances to anywhere. Don't worry about which cabin or where it is. Just go. We had a fabulous time. It may be the best vacation we'll ever have.

IMGP0058.jpg.349c8fb16e9d2430cd5a30bb53059d63.jpg

IMGP0059.jpg.92af82f1a32f8ac319544b962742c11b.jpg

Roland...

reccomend?

Thx

jc

Toronto

Interesting, we are also from Toronto. I have never tried to attach pictures before so hopefully this works. They are not the greatest, but they are the only two we have. One was taken from just inside the cabin door and the other from next corner beside the bed. Both look toward the balcony.

The cabin is not large and we found it better to get dressed one at a time. The bathroom is not large enough to swing the proverbial cat in. The balcony is just wide enough to take a small table and two chairs with just enough room to get between the table and the rail. For all that, it is big enough and you spend very little time there.

This is a fantastic cruise and I know you will love it. Doing it again is high on our "to do" list.

Enjoy.

Roland...

reccomend?

Thx

jc

Toronto

So busy trying to get the pictures into the last one I missed the question of purchases. We bought Tevas and they were more than sufficient for the two wet landings, plus they are great to wear around the ship. Unless you already own hiking boots, don't bother. We wore good sports shoes (addidas) and they were fine for all the trails. Bring lots of memory for your cameras, be it memory cards or DVD's for a video recorder. You WILL take lots of pictures, it's almost impossible not to. If you are into snorkelling an underwater capable camera might be a good idea. We also bought a bottle of bug repellant (OFF has one that comes with a carabiner clip to attach to your belt. It comes in a bright orange plastic bottle) just in case, but didn't really need it, although we were there in June so September may be different. Beyond that, we didn't take anything that we don't normally take when we cruise in hot weather climates; hats, sunscreen that type of thing. As Dr Fun and others have said, don't get wrapped up in the packing. Pack light, take your cameras and your sense of adventure and enjoy the trip. This one, I can guarantee, is like nothing you have ever done before!!

If you haven't already found it, search for the thread with the title "Xpedition, Anyone Recently Back?". This is a very long thread that contains the answers to almost any question you would think to ask (and more!). Enjoy!

Archived