transport nj to ny port

peanutJMV

From South Jersey looking for transport to NY--Spirit cruise 9/30.

NCl previously had a bus from Westampton but no longer....

Any suggestions on reasonable prices.

thanks

Take Amtrak/NJ Transit train to Penn Station, then cab it over to the pier. Or take one of thos NJ buses to Port Authority and cab it over to the pier.

Or drive in and park your car at the pier (probably the most expensive option out of all three).

Ciao,

WaWW PPC929

Take the train! We are taking the River Line and then getting on NJ Transit in Trenton. Hamilton has a great station, but do not go any more north than that because it gets more and more crowded and harder to find a seat. Also, don't think because you are sitting by yourself in a 3 person seat it will stay that way. People aren't shy about squishing in there with you.

I couldn't find anything on line about over night parking other than a phone # to call and ask.

Agents are available to assist you daily between the hours of 6:00 a.m. and midnight at 1-800-772-2222.

Make sure you leave yourself enough time for any delays, etc. If you have more than enough time, hit Krisipie Kreme in Penn Station for a donut!

I think we are going to take a cab to the pier, or if the weather is nice take the subway and then walk a few blocks.

Hope this helps,

Rebekah

Take the train! We are taking the River Line and then getting on NJ Transit in Trenton. Hamilton has a great station, but do not go any more north than that because it gets more and more crowded and harder to find a seat. Also, don't think because you are sitting by yourself in a 3 person seat it will stay that way. People aren't shy about squishing in there with you.

I couldn't find anything on line about over night parking other than a phone # to call and ask.

Agents are available to assist you daily between the hours of 6:00 a.m. and midnight at 1-800-772-2222.

Make sure you leave yourself enough time for any delays, etc. If you have more than enough time, hit Krisipie Kreme in Penn Station for a donut!

I think we are going to take a cab to the pier, or if the weather is nice take the subway and then walk a few blocks.

Hope this helps,

Rebekah

The subway is the absolute last option I would take...I'm guessing you talking about the 8th Avenue line? Do you really want to be hauling your luggage up those steps? And then over 4 Avenues? Take the cab...what's it going to cost you and you'll get there in a few minutes. And if you stop at Krispy Kreme, pass on their horrible coffee. Get their donuts (the best) and then mosey on over to Dunkin' D's for their coffee (the best).

And catch the cab on 31st street between 7th and 8th. Less psychotic than getting one on 8th.

Ciao,

W A W W

We are just doing a 1 nighter, so I "think" it's just going to be an over night bag. Thanks for the info on where to catch a cab. I've been trying to figure out how crazy of an idea taking a subway is, and you've solved that! Any idea what the cab fair would cost?

We are just doing a 1 nighter, so I "think" it's just going to be an over night bag. Thanks for the info on where to catch a cab. I've been trying to figure out how crazy of an idea taking a subway is, and you've solved that! Any idea what the cab fair would cost?

I think, with the tip, it should about 10 bucks. I will never forget my first cruise on Carnival Legend. The taxi was driving uptown on the Westside highway and there before my eyes was MY SHIP.

Have a wonderful trip...sailing out of and into NY is the best. Don't forget to be outside when you go under the Verranzano...totally cool!

Ciao,

W A W W

Take Amtrak/NJ Transit train to Penn Station, then cab it over to the pier. Or take one of thos NJ buses to Port Authority and cab it over to the pier.

Or drive in and park your car at the pier (probably the most expensive option out of all three).

Ciao,

WaWW PPC929

Whats the best way to get from Newark Airport back to the Brooklyn docks to pick up my car after the cruise?

Archived