Coast Hotel & Resorts Review

Cruise Beauty

My husband and I stayed at the Coast Hotel and Resorts in Long Beach 7/29-7/30. We booked their Park & Sail package which includes one night accomodations, transportation to and from the cruise terminal and breakfast the morning of the cruise.

We arrived around 12pm ( we had driven doen from the San Francisco Bay Area) and we were allowed to check-in early. The staff was friendly and helpful. We signed up for the 10am shuttle to the pier and they gave us our 2 breakfast tickets. The elevator in our building was down so they said they would send someone over to bring them up. The person never showed so my husband brought our luggage up to the 4th floor-no big deal. ;)

We were pleased with the cleanliness of the room and the view was amazing. The room was spacious and the location was great. We asked for more towels and they were there within seconds.

We showered and headed down to the pool. It was small but clean. We enjoyed soaking up the sun and reading.

We changed and headed back over the bridge into downtown. The plan was to visit shoreline village, but there was so much going on we just decided to walked around. Shortly after we headed back to the Hotel.

In the morning we walked over to the restaurant and enjoyed breakfast. There were two options: Buffet or off the menu. We chose the buffet, since neither of us was very hungry. The choices were scrambled eggs, sausage/bacon, french toast, plain toast, pastries, hot/cold cereal, fruit and a couple of other items I can't recall. Juices, coffee and other beverages were also available. Everything was nice.

At 9:50am we checked out via television and met Gopal at the main lobby. We were advised where to park our vehicle and we were at the terminal by 10:05am. After the cruise we called and Gopal picked us up and took us to our vehicle. Our vehicle was the same as we had left it.

:D Overall, we really enjoyed our stay. The next time we sail from Long Beach we will definitely stay at The Coast Hotel & Resorts and book their Bay View Room with the Park & Sail Package. If you have any questions, I will be more than happy to answer them.

First of all thank you SO much for the review and report!

It's nice when people actually take the time to report back, and add to the information here!:D

So my personal questions...

#1 If you don't mind - which room and building did you stay in that had the great view?

(Then maybe we can add some correlation to my best view rooms thoughts)...

#2 When you went over the bridge to downtown Long Beach, did you walk, or take the Passport Bus, or a taxi? Either way how long did it take or how much did it cost?

#3 Would you please post this info, along with the additional answers to my questions above in this thread link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=602024

Thanks again!

Glad you had such an enjoyable time!

CJW

Archived