Plus Size Hawaiian Clothes?

AndreaRH

Hi Hawaii experts,

I want to buy some Hawaiian print dresses when I get to Oahu. Does Hilo Hattie carry plus sizes or am I better off going to Hawaiian Wear at the Aloha Tower? Any advice is appreciated!

Andrea

You probably can get some at Hilo Hattie's (main store on nimitz highway). If you are able you should also check Sears or Macy's at Ala Moana Shopping Center and Wal-Mart (down the street from the shopping center). I haven't heard of the place at Aloha Tower so can't tell you there. There is also a Ross Store and Macy's in downtown Honolulu just down the road a ways from the ship.

Hi Hawaii experts,

I want to buy some Hawaiian print dresses when I get to Oahu. Does Hilo Hattie carry plus sizes or am I better off going to Hawaiian Wear at the Aloha Tower? Any advice is appreciated!

Andrea

Hilo Hattie has some nice things - up to 4 and 5 X, but I really like the women's section of Macy's Island Style shop. They have some really beautiful things that you can also wear on the mainland. Ross has a good selection of plus size aloha wear as well. Walmart's plus sizes run a little small in the aloha wear.

If you are also in Kona on this trip, there's a new shop in the 'Old Industrial Area' (couple of miles from the pier in Kona) called More to Love and they have some really nice things, regular plus size and also island style things. It is about a block from the International Market - I think there's a shuttle from the pier to the Market. Walk back towards the pier about a block, on the opposite side of the street from the Market, next to the frame shop.

LOL Good, no great, question!!:) My mom is getting married next month and we bought our wedding clothes from Hilo Hatties mail order. I got their sarong style dress in an XL and it fits!!!!!! Normally I wear and 18-20. Granted I need to suck everything in with Spanx and girdles, but it still fits. It was either that or a floor length skirt and not so nice top. Thank goodness it all worked out.

Keep your eyes open for Rainbo-Jo clothing. It is more upscale than Hilo Hatties but they seem to have a large selection of plus size clothing in beautiful rayon fabric and lovely tropic prints. You can have a look on their website to get an idea. http://www.rainbowjo.com/ I have a lot of their clothing that I bought while living in Hawaii and just love it.

I am a plus size and found a nice selection at Hilo Hattie's.

We spent 4 days post cruise in Kauai, and I found a store in a mall that had tons of plus sizes--dresses, bathing suits, cover ups, etc. I bought 3 things. Unfortunately, I cannot think of the name of the store. You would need a car to get to it. It was on a main road in a strip mall. The store advertises on TV, with a plus-size woman modeling clothes that made it look worth a trip and it was.

Maybe someone reading this message will think of the name of the store. And if I enventually think of it, I will post it. I will look through my credit card statements and try to find it.

Now I have a mission in life.

This board always comes through. I was reading another post and saw the name of the strip mall in Kauai that has a great plus-size selection.

The strip mall is called Coconut Market Place. The exact location in Kauai I do not know, but it is on a main road on the island.

I bought 3 dresses/coverups and the total cost was around $95.

Was just in Kona today with my mom, and we had lunch at a place called Fish Hoppers - very close to the pier - around a block or so. We were parked in a funky little pay parking lot sort of behind Cassandras (another restaurant) and we walked back through some small shops sort of between the two places, one of which was called the Mermaid something or other - anyway - has a lot of plus size things - very pretty - and a LOT of Rainbow-Jo pieces, and another brand I wasn't familiar with called Bali something - really really pretty colors and patterns.

Archived