Mexican Riviera in February

seamagic

February cruising the Mexican Riviera may be just about the best time of year. It will be warm on the cruise but not scorching hot like it can be in late spring to early fall.

It could be cool or even rainy in San Diego at that time of year and for the first and last day or so of the cruise.

So you might need some warm weather clothes and some clothes for cool perhaps rainy weather.

We have completed 4 cruises in Feb/Mar doing the Mexican Riviera. We plan our cruises alsways for that time of the year. The temperature leaving and coming back to San Diego will be the coolest. Expect temps to be in the 80's the entire trip. If you are going to Acapulco, expect hot and humid about 90. We have never had rain on any of the Mexican Riviera cruises.:)

Well...here in SoCal, April to September is the "dry season"...pretty much zero rain...But February is pretty much in the heart of the "rainy season"...of course, in SoCal, that still doesn't mean very much...Our average rainfall is a mere 11 inches per year (this year it didn't even get close to that)...I usually tell folks to expect about a week in November and a week in February...So, yes, there is a chance you hit bad weather...but it's still maybe only a less than 25% chance...

I'd watch the weather reports for the few days before you come here...and if it looks decent, don't bother packing any rain gear...if things suddenly change (and they hardly ever do here), San Diego is quite civilized...We have stores that actually sell raincoats and umbrellas...Or, you can do what I do when I cruise to places with possible rain: Go to Target and to the camping gear department...for about 89 cents apiece, they sell these pocket-sized disposable rain ponchos...buy a couple of those...

As the ship goes south, it will get warmer...but February should not bring any unreasonably hot weather anywhere on the route...

Have fun...

Archived