St Martin

jsiegel

A co-worker and his wife will be taking their first Windstar cruise in January aboard the Wind Spirit. They spend one day in St Martin. Does anyone know exactly where the ship docks, or anchors? French or Dutch side? I have cousins who live on the French side of the island, in the town of Grand Case. I'd like to send them over to meet the cousins (the cousins are artists and very interesting people and have an art gallery in the town) but am not sure how far or difficult it would be to get to.

Thanks, Jackie

The Windstar web site indicates that the ship docks at Marigot, on the French side. Your friend should check with the cruise line.

I opened your thread because I have cousins named Siegel, which is usually a Jewish name. I was unaware that St. Martin had a Jewish popuulation.

The Windstar web site indicates that the ship docks at Marigot, on the French side. Your friend should check with the cruise line.

I opened your thread because I have cousins named Siegel, which is usually a Jewish name. I was unaware that St. Martin had a Jewish popuulation.

St. Martin has at least one couple, by way of New York, but maybe just the two of them. ;) My cousins (actually my mother's cousin or aunt or something like that) moved there decades ago from New York. Their last name is Lynn, from the Kaulkstein side of my family. My dad (Abraham Siegel) is from New Jersey.

Thanks for the information about Marigot. I'll pass the information on.

Jackie

Where on the Windstar web site do you find out that kind of information? I looked all around. Thanks

Even if it was docking on the other side of the island, it wouldn't be far. If memory serves me, the whole island is about 10 miles across. We rented a car when we were there with another cruise line. We drove around the whole island with time for coffee in Martinique, climbing up to the fort for pictures, visiting Orient beach and then went to Dawn beach for some lounging and playing in the water. Total driving time was around an hour or two.

Roads and road signs are decent on this island.

Where on the Windstar web site do you find out that kind of information? I looked all around. Thanks

If you click on the 7 day St. Thomas itinerary for Windstar ships, the port is listed as "St. Martin, French West Indies." If you click on St. Martin and go to shore excursions, they all say thinks such as "leaving the dock at Marigot", or "after that you return to the dock at Marigot." I'm well trained at looking for this sort of stuff: Joan is a librarian.

I'm well trained at looking for this sort of stuff: Joan is a librarian.

What a crack up, not only may we be distantly related, I too am a librarian.

I hope to be able to post to your "when will you be sailing" thread, but having trouble convincing the significant other to book far ahead. I have my eye on the Panama Canal cruise next November.

New_cruiser, thanks for the driving information. They enjoy renting cars and exploring on their own. Boy, I wish it were me that was going. I raved about my one Windstar cruise so much that my co-worker had to try it out himself.

Jackie Siegel

We were on the Wind Spirit St. Thomas-to-St. Thomas each of the past two years, and saw two different ports in St. Martin. In Jan. '03, we docked in Phillipsburgh, along with all the big boats, but that was supposedly because of a snafu. (We were told some supplies that were supposed to have been loaded in St. Thomas didn't arrive in time, so they were sent to the next largest port, Phillipsburgh, for loading.) This past January, we anchored in Marigot harbor, which I believe is normal for that itinerary.

Archived