Onboard Future Cruise Sales

Isaac

Search function hasn't been working for me so I apologize if this has been discussed in another thread.

I've had great success booking future cruises while on cruises in the past. Costs are usually comparable or cheaper to the best travel agent rates and they throw in an onboard credit or even an upgrade at times. I've done this on NCL and Celebrity and hope it's safe to assume Azamara will have future cruise sales as well. Does anyone have experience booking online with Azamara? Any great deals? I'll be sailing in October and have my eye on a 2009 sailing I'd like to book. Thanks in advance for any details.

Book onboard.

Get cruise credit.

Turn sale over to T/A.

Let them track price reductions.

Even if you shift cruise dates you should be able to keep the cruise credit.

Hi Longboysfan !

I am not too sure about you keeping the Cruise Credit if you make changes with the new plan. I hear the "old" Celebrity plan no longer exists, and it has been replaced with a new plan where the deposit is reduced, and the onboard credit is based on the base cost of your Cruise. Others have reported that once you actually book a Cruise, if you change it, you LOSE the onboard Credit. Again, I cannot confirm this, but others have said it.

With the new plan, unless you are booking a VERY expensive Cruise, it is not worth tying up your money for the small onboard credit. We previously booked onboard (on Celebrity) all the time. However, we will not be doing this any longer. As the booking onboard credits have been reduced, we would rather roll the dice, and wait for last minute specials. I was offered a great deal on a Princess sailing last night. Who knows ? This move by Celebrity may give us better opportunities elswhere. IMHO, this new plan was a very bad move by Celebrity.

I hope that Celebrity (and Azamara) will reinstate the old plan, or, give passengers the choice of either plan. I have let my feelings be known to Celebrity. If anyone hears that the old plan is back, please let us know. Thanks !

I TRIED TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE NEW SALE GOING ON WITH AZMARA.........ON BOARD CREDIT AND PRE PAID GRATUITIES.........AMEX TA NOR CELEBRITY WOULD HONOR THAT ON THE CRUISE I HAVE BOOKED, BUT IF I WANTED TO GO TO THE TROUBLE TO CANCEL MY EXISTING RESERVATION, GET REIMBURSED MY DEPOSIT AND REBOOK AGAIN :cool: THEN I'D GET THE 300 CREDIT TOWARD THE SPA :confused: IT JUST REALLY TICKS ME THAT WE BOOK AHEAD AND GET PENALIZED FOR BEING WILLING TO CHANCE THIS NEW LINE WHEN ALL THE REVIEWS WERE SO BAD AND NOW WITH GOOD REVIEWS COMING OUT THEY ARE REWARDING PEOPLE BOOKING LATE .........BUT I GUESS THAT'S LIFE :o SO IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A DEAL, CELEBRITY HAS ONE FOR THE REST OF AUGUST AND I THINK SEPTEMBER FOR NEW BOOKINGS........

We did book onboard in May. Since we were booking a Quest cruise (and it was pricey) we got a good onboard credit. I agree with Host Andy, that when booking X cruises, there is not much to be gained. However, if you really want a particular cabin on a particular cruise, I'd book onboard and then shop around to find the TA with the best offer of other perks and switch booking to the TA. Just MHO.

We did book onboard in May. Since we were booking a Quest cruise (and it was pricey) we got a good onboard credit. I agree with Host Andy, that when booking X cruises, there is not much to be gained. However, if you really want a particular cabin on a particular cruise, I'd book onboard and then shop around to find the TA with the best offer of other perks and switch booking to the TA. Just MHO.

Yeah, I usually like to do my homework before boarding so I have an idea what the best price I can get elsewhere is and then see if the cruiseline can beat it. The cruiseline incentives have always turned out to be a better deal so I've booked online. Just hoping to hear from any folks who have sailed Azamara to see if that's been the case.

Wonder if Journey will be offering any 2009 Bermuda bookings?

I don´t think so!!

We are doing the Rio to Lisbon cruise in March/April 2009, so a European summer season will follow to that transatlantic cruise.

Peter

I don´t think so!!

We are doing the Rio to Lisbon cruise in March/April 2009, so a European summer season will follow to that transatlantic cruise.

Peter

The Bermuda cruising season out of New York does not begin until May. By that time in 2009, the Europe cruising scene may be so cluttered as to send Journey back to Bermuda. Hope springs eternal.

The Bermuda cruising season out of New York does not begin until May. By that time in 2009, the Europe cruising scene may be so cluttered as to send Journey back to Bermuda. Hope springs eternal.

Hi Dolphins !

I agree. I feel that most every Cruiseline is betting the house on Europe. I feel they may be in for a big disappointment. Its not that I think Europe is a mistake, it isn't. My thinking is more about the amount of ships and berths that will be there in 2008. I have to wonder if demand will meet the supply. It actually might create some opportunities for overlooked places like Bermuda. While its impossible to say what will happen in 2009, hopefully Bermuda will be on the menu for Azamara, if not Celebrity. Time will tell.

We have booked on board and got a good deal on Azamara while on Celebrity in March. We turn the bookings over to our travel agent to do all the follow up work, and she is great, usually sending wine or onboard credit. Does anyone know if Celebrity can be booked from onboard Azamara or are they distinct now? We will be on Quest in November, and want to try the Celebrity Solstice as well as maybe another Azamara if we like it. (I would love to see a Bermuda cruise to and from Florida, anyone listening Azamara??) I too think too much Europe is not a good thing, but I hate to fly anyway unless it's REALLY good!

Archived