A great big THANK YOU

Just wanted to stop and say thank you to all of those who answered all my many questions with regards to the British Isles.

We just returned last night and we had a fabulous time, both on the cruise and in London afterwards. It was partially due to all the help I picked up on this board.

So, from a grateful Yank, TA!

Charlie

Believe it or not, it was the information we received on the Tube that was the most helpful. With the advice and suggestions of numerous posters, we were able to handle the Tube like a pro and it was the faster, easiest way to get around just about any part of London.

Another HUGE thank you to the poster who suggested the Cafe Pasta across from the Renaissance at Chancellory court. Wow that was a fabulous recommendation and we ate there many times. Prices are high in England, but we found several bargains for breakfast and lunch that helped balance the price a little.

If you do want a 'knock your socks off lunch, try the restaurant on the thrid floor of the British Museum. Easliy the best (and most beautiful) meal we had in the month we travelled around the British Isles.

Advice that I didn't find helpful...there wasn't much that wasn't helpful in some small way. Money exchanging wasn't as much of a difficulty as many suggested. We found the best rates for exchanging money was at Mark and Spencer's. The Ripper and Ghost walk info was great, as was the input on Stonehenge.

The best advice I would pass on is when crossing the street, look down and see which way you're supposed to be looking. Traffic in London was pretty crazy compared to Stockton, but if you obeyed the crossing signals, it was pretty easy.

Charlie

Archived