St. John Trunk Bay Beach And Snorkle

JNCRUISEBUMS

When I went to St. Thomas (with Royal Caribbean) we just went to trunk bay on our own. Took a cab to the ferry, ferry to st. john, taxi to trunk bay. I'm not sure if it saved any money, but we enjoyed not being with a group. Trunk bay is amazing. You can rent snorkel gear there (ewwwwwww............. we brought our own). There is a snorkeling "path" you can follow, or you can venture out on your own.

Nancie,

We booked it our last time in St. Thomas/St. John. When we got there, they told us that you had to be a good swimmer to snorkel the marked trail. I can't swim, so Barry went on the trail and I just hung around on the beach. I snorkel every place we go, so this was a real bummer!

Ros

Nancie,

We booked it our last time in St. Thomas/St. John. When we got there, they told us that you had to be a good swimmer to snorkel the marked trail. I can't swim, so Barry went on the trail and I just hung around on the beach. I snorkel every place we go, so this was a real bummer!

Ros

Did Barry like it? I'm a good swimmer, just can't walk! Nancie

Nancie,

Ros

I recall wearing life vests and being able to basically float around. Wonder why they said that? Were the currents bad?

Nancie,

Ros

Ros,

When was it that you were there??

I hope this excursion is worth it...I would feel horrible if all the people I told to do this snorkel didn't even see any fish...

Would Barry do this one again?

Thanks,

Rhonda

If this is the excursion on the old Chesapeake Bay oyster vessel the Leland Sneed it is worth the $$$. Very professional, well organized crew. They will zodiak you to the beach of you are not a strong swimmer and have a life guard in the water with you if you want to snorkle from the boat.

We went once in early January and saw TONS of sea life and the water was gorgeous.

We went again when Hurricane Jeanne was heading in and were not able to make it to Trunk Bay due to currents. They tried to take us to another spot but the water was so churned up and murky nothing to see. Plus it was very rough and I was worried about getting slammed against the rocks.

What you see and the experience you have I think is very dependent on the time of year you go....

Ros,

I hope this excursion is worth it...I would feel horrible if all the people I told to do this snorkel didn't even see any fish...

Thanks,

Rhonda

It was about 6 or 7 years ago. Barry would give it another try. It is definitely worth going over to St. John, even without the snorkeling. The area is beautiful and defineltely not as touristy/crowded as some of the beaches on St. Thomas.

Ros,

Thanks,

Rhonda

I snorkeled this trail...TODAY! It was gorgeous...tons of fish...lots of activity. I would do this everytime I come here....Trunk Bay is the main reason I come to St. John!!

I snorkeled this trail...TODAY! It was gorgeous...tons of fish...lots of activity. I would do this everytime I come here....Trunk Bay is the main reason I come to St. John!!

:D FANTASTIC!!! :D

That is just what I wanted to hear! ...now lets just hope that the waters are nice and clear in October when we're there...no hurricane, no bad anything! :)

Archived