On-Board Programs

Kane

I've been lurking around the HAL board since we recently decided on one of HAL's interesting voyages. I've also pretty thoroughly surfed the HAL site.

What seems to be missing is information about on-board programs other than production shows, trivia, board games, bingo, etc. Specifically, programs including guest speakers and other topical enrichment lectures.

Other (unmentioned here) cruise lines provide this type of activity and even itemize guest speakers on each voyage. I assumed that HAL would present similar programs.

??? was this a bad assumption ???

TIA

I've been lurking around the HAL board since we recently decided on one of HAL's interesting voyages. I've also pretty thoroughly surfed the HAL site.

What seems to be missing is information about on-board programs other than production shows, trivia, board games, bingo, etc. Specifically, programs including guest speakers and other topical enrichment lectures.

Other (unmentioned here) cruise lines provide this type of activity and even itemize guest speakers on each voyage. I assumed that HAL would present similar programs.

??? was this a bad assumption ???

TIA

Kane, I agree with you that HAL could do better in advertising its Explorations Speaker Series, or the various programs that it offers on its Alaska cruises or Panama Canal cruises, to mention just a couple. However, there are enrichment programs on HAL, usually on longer cruises (I think typically 14+ days), or destination intensive itineraries. Unfortunately, the details aren't made available until one boards.

Karin

Karin, thank you for the reply.

The manner in which these programs are/not publicly promoted does give me an indication as to the priorities of HAL. This is not to say it is bad but that HAL, knowing their customer base, feel that other things are probably more important to their target profile passenger.

We chose the Osaka-Vancouver voyage which is an interesting "mixed bag". It does, however, have a significant number of sea days. Hopefully whatever programs they may have will be interesting and informative.

Again, thank you.

Archived