Seattle ? how's the warwick hotel

att

Taking a NCL Alaska cruise in a month and have booked a room at Warwick hotel for$170 a night. Is this close to pier 66 & is it OK or should we try to find something else? Only our 2nd cruise & I'm getting very excited. Thanks for the input

Decidedly eh. Not great, not horrible. $170 seems slightly steep (particularly since Sheraton had similar rates and is better quality), but it is tourist season. Try and make sure you get a room that doesn't face the opposite building wall or garage.

Although the hotel may look to be only a 4 block straight shot to Pier 66, there's no direct connection between First and Alaskan Way for several blocks north and south of Lenora Street (Warwick is at 4th and Lenora, Pier 66 is on Alaskan Way, one block north of Lenora). Still not a terrible walk, but if you have a normal amount of luggage for a week away, you'll want to grab a cab. And if you have to get in a cab to the Pier anyway, what's a hotel another few blocks away? :)

On the plus side, the Warwick is well situated to a number of fantastic restaurants in Belltown, reasonably close to Pike Place Market, and closer to the Space Needle than most of the larger downtown hotels.

If you do stay at the Warwick tell them you would like a room facing the Seattle Center. All of their rooms have balconies, but there is a big construction project (new building) about a block away to the south not sure if it would be too loud??

Hotels that are within walking distance of Pier 66 is The Edgewater Inn and Marriott Waterfront. Maybe check to see if any of the other larger hotels downtown have better rates. As the pp said the rates in Seattle can be expensive, but most of the downtown hotels are in good locations to shopping, sightseeing and food. Other than the 2 I listed you would need to catch a taxi if you pack like I do for cruises:p .

Thanks to both pp. Is Warwick clean, don't really care about views since we'llget plenty of them on our cruise. I checked some other hotels and all are at least $200+ and a lot are sold out.

Thanks to both pp. Is Warwick clean, don't really care about views since we'llget plenty of them on our cruise. I checked some other hotels and all are at least $200+ and a lot are sold out.

Yes the rooms at the Warwick are clean. I have been in the hotel for a tour, but never stayed. I know people who have and they said it was a nice hotel. They were not that thrilled about the service in the restaurant though. If you can get it for $170 and other hotels are $200 then I would take it. It is located between the downtown shopping area and the Seattle Center. There is a store across the street and Top Hat Donuts around the corner.

appreciate the feedback. How about inexpensive breakfast and lunch places ? Are there discounts on any of the major attractions? I jusst ordered a 2007 Entertainment book, so I hope some of the restaurants will be in it. It was only $9.99 at the Ent Site so that was a deal.

Eat and walk or make up a picnic at Pike Place Market. Piroshky, baked goods, chinese food, fresh fruit, cheese, and more. Lots of choices at the Market and directly across the street. Also for lunch, while not "cheap", eating at many of the downtown restaurants is a great bargain compared to dinner. Wild Ginger, the Met Steakhouse, Sazerac, and Etta's are several favorites of mine that you can get out of for $15-$20 pp at lunch but that won't get you past appetizers and drinks at dinner. You're also not a bad walk from two Seattle institutions, The Hurricane and the Five Point Diner. They are definitely sketchy, but they have cheap good breakfast and lunch. And the breakfast is exceptionally good if you've been drinking into the wee hours :D. The look rough, but my law firm frequents them annually at the end of our dive bar tour. No injured lawyers yet!

If you eat lunch at the Triple Door its much cheaper than Wild Ginger and it's the same kitchen preparing the food. I have to concur on the Pike Place Market. I work downtown near the market and usually head over at least 3 times a week for my lunch. YOu can stroll around and get fresh veggies and fruit from the vendors and there are all sorts of places to sit down and have some great northwest seafood.

Great info, thanks. I mentioned Entertainment books but haven't seen them does anyone know if any of the restaurants near Warwick and mentioned are in the 2007 book? Just trying to save a buck :) for the next cruise!

it looks disappointing from the outside, but the room was lovely. Just across the street is an upscale sort of market/deli that has lots of tasty treats for a light supper or breakfast and also beer and wine. It is an easy walk to many nice restaurants and as someone else mentioned it is a stop for the airporter bus (http://www.graylineseattle.com). I would definitely stay there again!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just returned from Alaska cruise, so I'll answer my own ? The Warwick was very good, clean, large room, nice view and fantastic staff. Our family member got ill and was hospitalized, missed the cruise. The Warwick staff couldn't have been more helpful. Yes it is older but overall a positive experience.

Archived