I shall be sampling "Rules" in London today

to get the authentic taste of scouse you must take care with your prep,

!st rob some root veg,cut into large chunks, pretend your a bouncer at the Graffton,

2 borrow some scrag end of lamb, if it has been used more than 3 times reject it.

3 I will assume your lekky has been cut off, so saw up someones fence, and place in the grate, light and wait for it to heat up to wood mark 3.

4 fill a pot with water, bring to a slow simmer place in the the scrag end cook for 1hr,

5 add cubed veg, cook till tender,

6 for a taste of the wirral, add parsley and croutons

7 removed scrag end and return to owner,

8 serve and enjoy,

That is blind scouse, for Lob, it has to be a very special meal leave the meat in.

May I suggest a glass of Yates Aussie white, you should splash out and get the 3 months old vintage.

Mouse you have done well, did you marry your probation officer;) regards

Did not marry my probation officer, but was given a nice anklet for Christmas last year. Only problem, it bleeps when I go too far from the house!!!

No, married a RAF man, and have lived all over the country/world. Settled down after retirement (his) back to the North West of England where people still talk to you at bus stops, and still have smiles on their faces and a sense of humour.

Thanks for the recipe. Might have a go at making it. Darn, i'll have to pay that gas bill now.

On the subject of Gordon Ramsey’s restaurants, I have been to Claridges in Mayfair.

Located in the excellent Five star hotel (This being a true five star hotel of the old school), the grand dinning room has a feel of formal but relaxed and is the ideal place to enjoy English cuisine at its very best.

The service was excellent as you would expect in a Ramsey establishment. The wine list was like ancient leather bound bible with pages of fine wines to test the largest of wallets with prices from £25.00 - £1000's +.

The food was excellent, i am very critical and tend to view the so called Michelin rated restaurants with caution. The price for three courses was

£ 30.00 with was the Sunday afternoon price. I believe you can double this price at the Weekend.

So to fellow Brits or our friends from the rest of the World when in London give it a try.

Archived