gift for coworker

bandgbasset

hi everyone:

i've learned so much from these boards over the past couple of years. a coworker of mine is going on a cruise and i would like to get her a gift as a thank you. does anyone have any ideas (cruise related of course) about what i could get her.

thanks in advance

gerry

I arranged with three other co-workers in my office to have strawberries and champagne delivered to one of my co-workers who went on her first cruise. She called us from the ship prior to departure to thank us. She was so excited and touched by our thoughtfulness. It made her day (especially since her husband had forgotten their garment bag with all of their formal clothes at home--she made him drive home for them and he nearly missed the sailaway!).

My sister and her fiancee took their first cruise to celebrate their engagement. It was a last minute thing arranged after she said yes and so they booked what was available, in this case a a small, not well located stateroom (but hey, the price was INCREDIBLY low!!). I sent them a lovely floral arrangement which she said really made their stateroom fragrant and cheery. Also sent a nice bottle of champagne which they drank in the hot tub late one night :>

I am happy to announce that they fell in love with cruising and will be onboard the October 9 sailing of the Caribbean Princess in a nice balcony stateroom. I've been trying to figure out how to arrange for them the balcony lobster dinner but short of giving them the $$ for it, I've not had any luck. Guess I'll be sending along champagne and strawberries.

When my brother and his wife went on their first cruise, I fixed them a goodie bag of things we always enjoy on our cruises. I put in a really great brand of sun block, some chapstick with sunblock, some alcohol gel sanitizer (for their hands), a good lotion, a couple of small notebooks and pens, HUGE luggage tags to make their bags easier to find, some junk food (Little Debbie Oatmeal Cream Pies-- do not leave home without them), a penlight flashlight, some cheap sunglasses (in case you lose your good ones), a calling card (just in case), and a list of all the numbers for their cruise line just in case they needed them. I know there were a few things more, but I don't remember what they were.

They loved it.

One of the nicest things we ever got from a travel agent was a really nice nautical themed picture frame and a picture album to store all of our photos. Don't know how practical that is in this day and age of digital cameras and computer-stored photos, but we loved them both.

TinaLee

WE won a flower arrangment at the Art auction last month and it was a really nice touch to our room. I would never have thought about buying them. From now on I am taking them with me or buying them on board. I would vote for flowers. Our travel agent always send us wine and there is always fruit brought to your room.

Archived