Attn: Celebration fans!!!

obx_fintoo

Some of us die-hard Celebration fans are talking about a farewell cruise on the last sailings, April 10 - 4/day and/or April 14 - 5/day!

Here's the roll call link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=609935

Even if you're not sure if you can join us, come on over and post some memories on the roll call thread! We'll send the old girl off in style!:D

CALLING ALL CELEBRATION CRUISERS..................

Let's CELEBRATE together on the

SWEEEEEEEEET OLE CELEBRATION.............................

It would be great if we could all cruise

together,,,,,,,,,

Come on let's start planning a good bye

CELEBRATION CRUISE................:)

i always wanted to go on one of the smaller boats

Well come join us, 'cause this may be your last chance!:)

The Celebration is leaving after the 4/14-18/08 cruise with the Fascination coming into JAXPort in late Sept 2008. The Holiday out of NOLA, which is the sister ship of the Celebration, is also being sold, although official dates haven't been released yet!

Back in December when I booked the Celebration for our trip this August 20 did I know this will be our last time to sail on her.

I enjoyed the Valor last year but wanted to see what the smaller ships were about.

This will make the trip more special, now only if Hurricane Dean will leave us alone.

Dave

Back in December when I booked the Celebration for our trip this August 20 did I know this will be our last time to sail on her.

I enjoyed the Valor last year but wanted to see what the smaller ships were about.

This will make the trip more special, now only if Hurricane Dean will leave us alone.

Dave

Have a great cruise.................

The Celebration is leaving after the 4/14-18/08 cruise with the Fascination coming into JAXPort in late Sept 2008. The Holiday out of NOLA, which is the sister ship of the Celebration, is also being sold, although official dates haven't been released yet!

Our 20th high school reunion is scheduled for this ship on 9-1-08. I'm now starting to worry if the cruise is going to be cancelled if the last sailing is in April 08 and its replacement won't be in til late September. Does anyone know when the official announcement will be made regarding the final days of this ship or its actual replacement? This will be my first cruise and also my birthday cruise so I'm hoping this transition will go smoothly.

I thought this was the official announcement:

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Articles/fasc_jax.aspx

Carnival Fascination currently operates three- and four-day cruises from Miami and will continue that program through Sept. 15, 2008. The Celebration will remain in Jacksonville through its departure date of April 14, 2008. Future deployment plans for that vessel will be announced at a later date.

I thought this was the official announcement:

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Articles/fasc_jax.aspx

Carnival Fascination currently operates three- and four-day cruises from Miami and will continue that program through Sept. 15, 2008. The Celebration will remain in Jacksonville through its departure date of April 14, 2008. Future deployment plans for that vessel will be announced at a later date.

Thanks for the link. I'm still a little confused though. If the Celebration will be in Jax until 4-08, and the Fascination takes over 9-20-08, where's that leave my cruise on 9-1-08? I guess I'll still have to contact Carnival to see where my actual cruise plans stand and what ship we'll actually have.

Thanks for the link. I'm still a little confused though. If the Celebration will be in Jax until 4-08, and the Fascination takes over 9-20-08, where's that leave my cruise on 9-1-08? I guess I'll still have to contact Carnival to see where my actual cruise plans stand and what ship we'll actually have.

Some posters here who have cruises booked during that period between Celebration leaving and Fascination moving to Jax have heard from Carnival (or perhaps their TA? - not sure) already. I believe choices were $50 obc (per cabin) on another Carnival cruise, $100 obc (per cabin) on Fascination after she moves to Jax (September 2008), or cancel and get all your money back.

The Holiday is out of Mobile. Fantasy is out of New Orleans;)

The Celebration holds a special place in my heart as she was my first and second cruise and the ship that got me hooked on cruising. I am truly sad that they are selling her, but I guess at some point they have to :( . Unfortunately I can't make the trip as I am spending big bucks to take my kids on a SB cruise next March. I hope ya'll send her off well!!

The Celebration holds a special place in my heart as she was my first and second cruise and the ship that got me hooked on cruising. I am truly sad that they are selling her, but I guess at some point they have to :( . Unfortunately I can't make the trip as I am spending big bucks to take my kids on a SB cruise next March. I hope ya'll send her off well!!

Didn't I read on another thread about this transfer that Carnival actually bought another cruiseline in Europe and are merely transferring her rather than selling her outright?

I am anxious to see what happens with the Holiday. We are planning a cruise next May for our daughter's sweet 16 birthday and are planning to go out of Mobile. I'm hoping that they replace her with an already-refurbed Fantasy class ship. I'll be sticking close to this and the Carnival website to find out the news. I know Cotton will hate it, I know she loves the Holiday (and I like the smaller ships too). My best friend and her husband, formally Valor addicts, tried the Holiday on a whim and loved her!! They leave for cruise #3 on her September 10. Of course, having it only be a 3 hour drive from their home helps too. Will hang in there and follow closely :)

Archived