Mobility scooter rental on Carnival

jimbug

Hello,

I will be sailing on the Liberty in March 2008 with my grandmother, who would like to rent a scooter while onboard. I have been in contact with several independent companies who deliver scooters to the ship, but I do have a couple of questions for any of you who may have experience in this area:

- Does Carnival rent scooters directly? (i.e., if we were to call them, could we arrange a scooter through them instead of an independent company?) If so, what are the rates?

- We are booked in a balcony guarantee. Most of the scooters we are looking at are lightweight and collapsible, so getting them inside the room would not be a problem. However, I realize we'd have a lot more room and it would be easier for her to get around if we had a handicap accesible cabin. (Yes, she is legally physically handicapped...I'm not just wanting the room for its extra size.) Can we request to Carnival that we get a handicap accessible room even though we have a guarantee?

- Oh, also...does anyone have any first-hand experience with any of the companies who deliver scooters to the ship? A positive recommendation (or a warning against, if the case may be) would be great--thanks!

Thanks!

Canival doedsn't rent scooters directly. As far as getting an "accessable" cabin in your particular situation, I'd contact the Special Needs Department at Carmival. See what they have to say

As jleg siad, carnival does not rent scooters directly. Its expensive, but we had a good experience with CareVacations. Just remember to bring an extension cord in case the plug is not in a good poisition for recharging the batteries.

I also agree that you should call the Carnival Special Needs Dept. regarding an accessible cabin. If one is available and you qualify, you would need to take an assigned cabin rather than a guarantee. It would make things easier, but might also change the price.

Archived