Shower Water Pressure - appropriate soap

TheNit

I was on the Nautica (Athens to Rome) in May, 2007 and found the shower's water pressure too low. I found it very hard to rinse off soap and shampoo while showering. I know that there is a flow restrictor in the shower hose because you could hear it whining. I was told by the ship's plumber that removing that restrictor was not allowed. I fail to understand how water savers that reduce usage by 30% actually save water when it takes twice as long to take a shower. I also found that soap was hard to rinse off due to the hardness/softness of the water (new desalination process?) and it made the shower floor dangerously slippery. Inside cabin showers are rather small on this ship are rather small so the less time, the better. I've used the same soap on Celebrity and Princess and never had a problem but I just returned from Alaska on the Zaandam (HAL) and had the same problem, even with the line's supplied soap (water pressure was better though). I used to love taking showers on cruises because of the seperate temperature and pressure controls and bought Grohe fixtures for my own home as a result.

In light of this, has anyone found a soap that rinses easily in these water conditions?

We've been on both Regatta and Nautica - and I don't recall any water pressure problems in the showers.

I do know what you mean about the flow restrictors. We bought a new house in 2004 (completed in 2005), and I convinced the construction superintendent to take the restrictors out of the shower heads, and to increase the water pressure so the water saving toilets would actually flush everything away!

As far as I am concerned, the jury is still out on the new florescent light bulbs that are required in new construction.

Archived