Too Much Wind

catswelcome

My husband and I are cruising aboard the navigator in late January. We have a master suite with wrap-around balcony. Is there any possibility we will actually enjoy this or will it be too windy? We are entirely new to cruising.

That really depends on where your desitination is, if you are in port or in a protected area. I've been in the Carribbean, where it's just been too cold to be out there (in December while sailing) and I have had wonderful naps in the sun - on the same cruise! We were in Bermuda (June 2004) and it was delightful and the same sailing we had a visible tornado off the starboard side of the ship sailing back to Virginia en route to New York. You could sunbathe the first time I was in Alaska (June) and the second time we had cloud cover through out most of the cruise (August)

So the answer could change from hour to hour and location to location. Just go and if it's chilly, take the blanket out of the closet and curl up with a book. If it's warm, put your shorts on and gaze out, drink in hand.

Archived