Dry Dock for Liberty 3/1/08?

Calyn2323

I have been looking to book this cruise for a few weeks now. Even carnival direct on the phone was still booking for this week.

I just found an old thread that says this ship is in drydock for march 1.

Can anyone tell me if this is true, Is the Liberty in Dry dock for March, 2008?

Thanks Carolyn

Not true anymore. You may have been looking at old posts of mine :o .

DH and I booked the Liberty for 3/1/08 back in February for an extended family vacation with DS his GF and my parents. We then - at the end of March - got an email saying that the cruise had been cancelled - for drydock repairs. So we transferred our booking to the Destiny because we have to go that week.

But then in June I was just poking around the Carnival site and I noticed that the 3/1/08 booking was back for the Liberty :eek: !! I called our CVS and we transferred our booking BACK to the Liberty where it was originally. I was a little bummed that Carnival made no effort to reach those that had their bookings cancelled because of the original drydock date. I just happend to find out that the sailing was available again :mad: :eek: !!

For us there was no choice about moving back to the Liberty. Although the Destiny would have been a fine trip - it was a repeat for DH and I and by far a distance second choice to the Liberty and her itinerary.

Bottom line....the Liberty IS sailing 3/1/08!!

Mmm...so when is it going in? Does it need some major work? I am cruising on it September 28th!

Don't know when it is scheduled. But I do not think it is major repairs. The email I received when it was supposed to be 3/1/08 said it was going in to drydock for "routine maintainence".

Archived