The Gem is comming along beautyful!

sneakerstud

I have just talked to Klaus the Hotel Director of the Norwegian Gem. He told me that the ship is going to be even nicer then the Norwegian Pearl.

On the 1st of September the crew will arrive and her fisrt Lunch Party for over 200 Guests is even this monday already!

Very exciting to see a new Baby born!

King Marcus

Thank you for the update. Viele Danke.

I am booked on the inaugural cruise and I am new to cruising, so I have been having a bit of pre-cruise anxiety, and wondering if the ship will be ready on time for my cruise. You message gives me some reassurance :p

I have just talked to Klaus the Hotel Director of the Norwegian Gem. He told me that the ship is going to be even nicer then the Norwegian Pearl.

On the 1st of September the crew will arrive and her fisrt Lunch Party for over 200 Guests is even this monday already!

Very exciting to see a new Baby born!

King Marcus

Do you know any of the other "Superstars" that will be on board, other than Claudio? Staff like the CD, ACD, F & B Director, AHD, Bar Mgr., etc. How about entertainment?

Do you know any of the other "Superstars" that will be on board, other than Claudio? Staff like the CD, ACD, F & B Director, AHD, Bar Mgr., etc. How about entertainment?

Will Klaus still be on board as HD in January? NCL usually has many of it's "Superstars" on their new ships for the inaugural season.

Will Klaus still be on board as HD in January? NCL usually has many of it's "Superstars" on their new ships for the inaugural season.

It is my understanding that Klaus is over there preparing for the the inaugural, and should be on board for our 1/16/2008 sailing. We last sailed with him in October, 2005 on the Jewel, and looking forward to seeing him and the great staff he assembles again. He does such a great job, and is so dedicated to making everyone's cruise as great as it can be.

It is my understanding that Klaus is over there preparing for the the inaugural, and should be on board for our 1/16/2008 sailing. We last sailed with him in October, 2005 on the Jewel, and looking forward to seeing him and the great staff he assembles again. He does such a great job, and is so dedicated to making everyone's cruise as great as it can be.

I hope you're right but I heard that Klaus may be leaving the Gem in January to supervise the transition of the Norwegian Jade from its Hawaii origin?

I hope you're right but I heard that Klaus may be leaving the Gem in January to supervise the transition of the Norwegian Jade from its Hawaii origin?

My info is old, so it sounds like your grapevine may have more merit, unfortunately.

• 1 month later...

Hey Sneakerstud,

You just made my day by saying Klausimausi is the HD on The Gem.

Do you think he will still be on for the 12/29...New Years Eve sailing..?

We, booked Courtyard Villa # 14512....first time in the courtyard,

always take the AB ..on The Dawn..my favorite ship.

Could you let me know who the Concierge will be?

Thanks Much,

Jake

Hey Sneakerstud,

Thanks Much,

Jake

The team should be still on for the New Years sailing! You will love the Villa!

Hotel Director = Klaus Lugmaier

Asst. Hotel Director = forgott his name

Food & Beverage = Sean Wurmhoeringer

Cruise Director = new (Simon is still on the Pearl and will be on the Gem late January)

Concierge = Claudio

Butler's in the Courtyard = Ryan and the Indian fella (sorry but I'm sick with a horrible cold, that also involves Alzheimers)

Hi frequent cruiser jock,

Just to round out your list, Prem is the Asst. HD and Clint Wells is the CD.

Looks like a fab team all around.:D

Are you going on the Boston or NY 2 nighter?

Do you have friends on any of this week's voyages? If so, pls let us know what they have to say.

Please take care of yourself and feel better soon.

What is the difference between a "Hotel Director" and a "Cruise Director." I'm getting the sense that Concierge is only for those people who have booked suites or better (i.e. NOT ME!)' date=' but I'm curious about NCL's lingo. Thanks![/quote']

The hotel director is in charge of the ship's hotel functions (e.g., cabins), and the cruise director is in charge of the entertainment functions (e.g., shows, onboard activities). Concierge services are only for suite/penthouse/villa passengers (not mini-suites).

I agree 100%. Meeting Klaus made a great cruise on the Jewel even better. He certainly is a credit to NCL. Hopefully he'll still be on the Gem February 6th. :)

Hey Sneakerstud,

Thanks Much,

Jake

Hi Jake,

looks like we will experience courtyard villa #145212 before you, we will be staying in it on the 19th October for a 2 nighter out of Barcelona. I,ll let you know how good it is, just to wet your appetite!!!

Jeanne

Actually the other Butlers name is John...my GOD!!! FEVER>>>

Barb...I have friends sailing on Oct 21, but that is it! I had friends on last weekend and they loved the Gem! A lot more setteled to the Pearl and some new things, but I keep them as a seecret...he he he!!!

I'm not sure if I do the Boston run on the 13th, I got basically told from Head Office that I will be not invited! After all the trouble I had with Head Office and now on my recent Pearl cruise (Simon said it was unacceptable) I may choose soon a other cruise line to put my money on! Actually I booked HAL and Celebrity next as well as Seadream and Regent! We will see how the transatlantic will be!

What is the difference between a "Hotel Director" and a "Cruise Director." I'm getting the sense that Concierge is only for those people who have booked suites or better (i.e. NOT ME!)' date=' but I'm curious about NCL's lingo. Thanks![/quote']
The hotel director is in charge of the ship's hotel functions (e.g., cabins), and the cruise director is in charge of the entertainment functions (e.g., shows, onboard activities). Concierge services are only for suite/penthouse/villa passengers (not mini-suites).

Point of clarification: Everything not related to the operation of the ship falls under the authority of the Hotel Director (e.g., food, bars, rooms, entertainment (including the Cruise Director!), tours, retail, etc.) A pretty important person!!!

Just to round out your list' date=' Prem is the Asst. HD and Clint Wells is the CD.[/quote']

Clint is going to be the CD?! My sister had (still has!) a huge crush on him. Now we definitely have to book the Gem!

Hope you're doing well :)

Archived