Altered Itineraries and Shore Excursions

Lynnie0403

:confused: Forgive me if this has been discussed before, but I tried to search but came up with nothing.

With all the hurricane activity going on right now, it made me wonder what about shore excursions booked privately if the ships itinerary changes due to weather? Do excursion operators still charge you or do they understand if you're not able to make it due to the altered itinerary? I'm hoping there's no storms by the time we sail, but I was curious.

Each operator has their own policies--which should be communicated and understood when you make your deposit. Most will provide at least a partial refund if the ship does not dock, but some have cancellation time limits that you must meet or you will be charged as a no-show.

• 2 weeks later...
Do excursion operators still charge you or do they understand if you're not able to make it due to the altered itinerary?

Yes! Find out what their cancellation time frame is before you book.

You might be able to cancel a day before, using the ship's internet service.

Thanks for your replies. I've contacted the two tour operators that I made reservations with, and both told me (in writing) that if we miss our excursion due to the ship arriving late in port or cancelled altogether due to weather, there is a full refund.

Archived