Victory Cabin #1046

DALE 2001

there is a saying amongst posters:

the higher you go-the more you pay

the more you pay the more you sway.

You didnt say when you are crusing.

or if its your first time.

For people who get sick-- its better to stay low and midship.

Most people do not get sick....especially if you dont get sick in cars or on amusment rides.

Feeling the sway kinda lulls people to sleep and it could be the best sleep you had in a long long time

Thanks For Answering Our Questions.

This Is Our First Cruise And We Leave On Jan. 6th.

What Would Be The Best Level Or Cabin Location On Victory.

Once Again Thanks For Replying To Our Questions.

Thx

the best deck for balconies is the empress deck- which is situated between cabin spaces and away from public areas. you would want midship- thats anywhere beteen the aft elevator to the forward elevator.

Oceanview/inside cabins you want the Riveria deck..sure its the lowest one of the decks but boy is it quiet down there.

Do not book your flights back home until after 12pm.

Go the day before your ship leaves. arrive fresh and ready to travel instead of being travel weary--which will make you bone tired after dinner.

Check for flights that arrive and leave out of fort lauderdale (FLL) sometimes flying there can save a great deal of money.

find hotels using priceline. (www.biddingfortravel.com will show you what hotels are available in the area you are cruiing out of.

dont try to do it all--its not possible.

you will head to the pier about 10:30-11am= (documentes will tell you 1:30) you will be onboard by noon

when you get onboard you will not be able to get to your cabin until 1:30 and will head to the lido deck to grab your first lunch onboard.

Pay attention: those waiters with the trays of the fancy drinks will ask you if you would like a drinik-- these are NOT free. The waiters make it sound like they are offering you these drinks-- you take one-- take a sip and he asks for your sign and sail card-- you jsut got charged 7 bucks and change for that drink.

My favorite pasttime is sitting out there the first day watching newbies take that drink--

Eat at least one breakfast and one lunch in the dining room during the week. Its much more relaxing the the buffet. If possible--save that breakfast for the morning you are getting off. Most people will be at the buffet. Breakfast stops at the buffet at 9am.. so between 8-9 this place is the most packed you will ever see during the week.

The dining room will be much more quieter- less stressful.

and less stress while waiting to get called off is very important.

Serene 56 Thanks For That Info.

We Are Flying Into Miami On The Day Of Our Cruise Through Carnival. We Opted For Carnivals Cruise And Flight, Due To Being Cheaper Than Getting Our Own Airline Tickets.

The Only Concern I Have Is Fyling Out Of Toronto Canada In January (winter In Canada)if We Miss Our Departure Are We Responsible Or Is Carnival.

Thx Again Serene 56

Serene 56 Thanks For That Info.

We Are Flying Into Miami On The Day Of Our Cruise Through Carnival. We Opted For Carnivals Cruise And Flight, Due To Being Cheaper Than Getting Our Own Airline Tickets.

The Only Concern I Have Is Fyling Out Of Toronto Canada In January (winter In Canada)if We Miss Our Departure Are We Responsible Or Is Carnival.

Thx Again Serene 56

I must say thats a first-- with cruiselines airfare being cheaper. Did you buy a diviation>> you can pick times etc with paying that extra. ask your agent how it would work.

IF carnival books your air and you miss the flight- carnival should fix it.

in your documents will be a 1-800 # to call for emergencies-- make sure you keep that number with you all the time.

Make sure you are watching those prices for the cruise. if it comes down you want a refund.

Yes Carnivals Airfare Was A Little Cheaper Than All The Discount Air Websites I Went To.

I Checked Into Diviation And It Is $50 Usd Per Person, Thinking About Flying Out On The 5th Instead Of The 6th.

We Will Keep An Eye Out Cheaper Rates On The Cruise.

One Question, Should We Buy Trip Cancellation And Interruption Insurance For This Cruise.

Once Again Thx For All The Help And Advice You Have Shared With Us SERENE 56

Thx

One Question, Should We Buy Trip Cancellation And Interruption Insurance For This Cruise.

Thx

That a toughie.

Some people will never cruise without it.

I have yet to purchase it. my parents get it each time.

I dont get it because I will cruise- (if i died my family better cremate me and take me with them)

I would NOT buy the cruiselines insurance but go through a seperate place. please check out www.insuremytrip.com

time of year that you are cruising- going in the winter when airports are shut down because of weather?

cruising this week when the hurricane was closing some ports-- the cruiselines reimbursed your costs for the cruise if you wanted to cancel-- the insurance would have kicked in for the airfare.

Buying insurance is all a personal choice. I cruise in August (hurricane season) and February (snowy season in Phila)

i do take my chances each time without buying the insurance and have been lucky each time so far.

Policies are cheap the earlier you book.

thelonger you wait the more it will cost

We Went A Checked Out The Website You Gave Us And Noticed That Caa ( Aaa In The Us ) Was Cheaper With Better Benefits, Since The Cost Is Only $132 Cdn Per Person With Medical Insurance It Would Give Us A Piece Of Mind Since This Is Our First Cruise.

What Advice Could You Give To First Time Cruisers Going To St. Thomas And St. Maarten.

Once Again Thx Serene56, Hopfully We Are Not Boring You With These Simple Questions.

Thx

What Advice Could You Give To First Time Cruisers Going To St. Thomas And St. Maarten.

Once Again Thx Serene56, Hopfully We Are Not Boring You With These Simple Questions.

Thx

Let me tell you that talking about cruising is my best subject. My dear honey wont let me talk no more...lol

st thomas: if you want to do it all for a cheap price.

www.godfreytoursvi.com his tour is 25.00pp he picks you up at the pier and takes you downtown--depending on how long you want to shop- the times are 9am, 10am or 11am. You all then meet at the designated place at noon for a 2 hour island tour. He even goes to Mountain Top which the view is amazing. It is the highest point in the island. at 2pm he then takes you to the beach for sunning and swimming. He picks you up at 4pm and takes you back to the ship.

best 25 bucks I ever spent on a cruise excursion.

st thomas:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=133

St MArten:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93

depends on wht you like to do.. have you visited the port of calls boards?

Archived