Which night would be best for supper club?

natalie2727

We'll be on the Conquest for a week in October and I am trying to decide which night would be best to go to the supper club. I've heard the food in the dining room is better on formal nights, so we want to be in the dining room on Sunday and Thursday. We also don't want to miss any fun Caribbean evening parties on the Lido deck. So what do you think? Maybe Tuesday night?

Ditto what paradisefound619 said about being too tired after port days to fully appreciate it.

One of the nights we choose is the second Formal Night, because we figure as long as we're going to the specialty restaurant twice, it's more fun to go all out at least once and dress to the nines for dinner and dancing. We do the first Formal Night in the dining room, because I think it's also fun to have the whole ship-wide FN experience at least once too.

That said, no night is a bad night to be in the specialty restaurant. :D

Edit: also, maybe don't pick a night when there's a show you really want to see or that you really care about getting great seats for...?

We'll be on the Conquest for a week in October and I am trying to decide which night would be best to go to the supper club. I've heard the food in the dining room is better on formal nights, so we want to be in the dining room on Sunday and Thursday. We also don't want to miss any fun Caribbean evening parties on the Lido deck. So what do you think? Maybe Tuesday night?

Best thing to do is on the first day, as soon as you board, head down to the Dining room, skip the line as youre not going to talk to the Maitre'd and just ask the first waiter if you can see the list of Menus for each day. They have them all in a binder. Just sit on the staircase and view the menus for each night, then select which dinner night you would not care for. This is the night you should book your supper club.

We used to select Tuesday night because down in the dining room they were serving these creepy crawlers or snails, but now the menus are all new so you have to take the time to view the Menus on day one.

Fred

I'm not doing formal nights... being solo it would just seem odd...

I booked Monday and Thursday as my nights at the supper club. It just seemed like a good time to avoid the dress requirements for the dining room...

I booked Monday and Thursday as my nights at the supper club. It just seemed like a good time to avoid the dress requirements for the dining room...

Mach,

You mean to tell me that you are missing Lobster Night because of being solo???

I thought that Carnival places Single Passengers all together or tries too??

Fred

You kiddin' me? If I were single, I would totally break out the tux and play up the 007 mystique to its absolute limit. :D

Besides, just because you board solo doesn't mean you necessarily spend the cruise solo... ;)

Mach,

You mean to tell me that you are missing Lobster Night because of being solo???

I thought that Carnival places Single Passengers all together or tries too??

Fred

Yeah... I expect that I can find something just as delectable, if not more so, in the supper club. I mean, thirty bucks is cheap for a fine meal. I can't wander into Morton's and get away for less than a buck twenty five...

Don't get me wrong, I love seafood but I have plenty of lobster at home, that and red alaskan crab, etc... I'm terribly fond of yellow fin tuna, fresh caught. In fact, that's what I put on the grill this evening!

I'll fore go the dinning room on lobster night and enjoy a quiet dinner followed by a fine cigar and a glass of single malt down at Alfred's...

You kiddin' me? If I were single, I would totally break out the tux and play up the 007 mystique to its absolute limit. :D

Besides, just because you board solo doesn't mean you necessarily spend the cruise solo... ;)

Agreed! I would never discount the possibility of running into an intriguing miss! That being said, there are no rules that would prohibit her from accompanying me to dinner... and perhaps some extra curricular activities afterward...

;)

Monday and Thursday are the formal nights. Tuesday night is the Mardi Gras deck party. The Conquest leaves Jamaica at 5:30, Grand Cayman at 4:00, and Cozumel at 6:00, so it's pretty easy to make your reservation late enough not to interfere with the port if that's one of the night you don't particularly care for the dining room menu. :)

Monday and Thursday are the formal nights. Tuesday night is the Mardi Gras deck party. The Conquest leaves Jamaica at 5:30, Grand Cayman at 4:00, and Cozumel at 6:00, so it's pretty easy to make your reservation late enough not to interfere with the port if that's one of the night you don't particularly care for the dining room menu. :)

I was thinking Tuesday, but we don't want to miss the Mardi Gras Deck party! Do you know what time they usually schedule it for?

I was thinking Tuesday, but we don't want to miss the Mardi Gras Deck party! Do you know what time they usually schedule it for?

The lounge hop part starts at 10:00. You meet in one of three bars depending on your team color. From there you go to the other two bars and then end up on the lido deck at 11:00.

Which week will you be on the Conquest in October? We will be on her the 7th.

Archived